Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Washed up. [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:35 pm

"If we didn't use our magic we would be this side of immortal." he said shrugging. "As long as I can eat it I'm happy." he said simply. He had no favorite when it came to foods. Food was simply something you ate to live-- it wasn't something you lived to eat.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female
Number of posts : 1865
Animunny : 12731

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 K

"There has to be a favorite food of yours,
you don't need to be polite! Our town is known for
having a wide array of fish and seafood, and even
though they're being imported for now because
of the water contamination, we still have a big
selection," she beamed, now standing in the
doorway.

"What's your favorite? Tuna? Shrimp? Squid?"

Kaylee eyed Akes curiously, awaiting his response.
As her eyes ran over his glistening scales, she took
in all the colors that bounced back at her. Such pretty
blues, greens, and teals cast small beams of light upon
the sides of the tub he was laying in, the scales catching
her attention before reverting back to their less vibrant
freshwater state.

Back to top Go down
https://animagicrpsite.rpg-board.net
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:42 pm

"I like clams, I suppose." he admitted, not really used to having a choice. As a Basher, it was like being in the Army. The Barrics. You never had a choice as to what was served, you just got to eat it.

"I think humans call them Muscles." he said holdinghis hands up to show her the ovil shape. "They're green or black, and sweet."

He shifted, his back cracking upon doing so. Being stuck in the tub was making him sore-- like a kic sitting in the back of the car for too long.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:20 pm

"You want mussels?" Kaylee wrinkled her nose
and made a face. "I prefer clams, but we have lots of
mussels at the market! I suppose I'll just have to make
a seafood feast for the three of us tonight."

Kaylee had few hobbies because most of her time was
spent working and taking care of her little brother,
but if there was once thing she was excellent at it
was cooking. It was something she took delight in
doing, as she loved it when her little brother
complimented her finished works. Making others
happy, especially her little brother, brought her joy.

Her smile faded, however, when she noticed Akes
shifting uncomfortably in the tub.

"Oh no, are you really uncomfortable? I'm sorry!"
she apologized, her brow furrowing in displeasure.
"Maybe I should also pick up a mini swimming pool..."

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:45 pm

"I'm not used to being in your human tanks." he tried to explain away his shifting. He was getting stiff, but he owed the girl his life.

He sighed, eyng her legs. He haddn't realized just how hard it would be to be on land without those things. Still, for a moment he felt jellous. How could humans swim freely under water and be able to walk on land also? It seemed unfair.

He heard the door open and close in the front of the house. "Kay, I got you're mop." her little brother called.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

"Oh crap."

Kaylee quickly turned on her heel and swiftly shut the
door behind her, hiding Akes from her little brother's view.

Ty cautiously came walking in, careful not to slip in the massive
pools of water as his sister had already clumsily did. He hopped
over a rather large puddle and caught himself on Kaylee, then
handed her the mop abruptly.

"Sis, this place is a danger zone. Be careful when you're cleaning,
okay? I can't drive so if you slip and break something you're on
your own!!"

What a sweet child he was...

"Haha, very funny," Kaylee mocked, sticking her tongue out and
ruffling his dirty blonde hair. "Don't you have homework or something
productive to do? Go to your room so I can clean this mess up without
you getting in my way."

Ty snorted and stepped directly into a puddle, then let out a loud sigh.
"I'm on it, I gotta get out of this watery disaster."

Kaylee watched as he disappeared into his room. "If you need to use
the bathroom, use the one in my room! The other's off limits until I
clean it up!"

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 pm

He had been about to ask her why she didn't want her brother seeing him- but she'd moved too quickly, slambing the door shut behind her.

Akes looking around the small bathroom before sighing, crossing his arms in defeat. "Beached..." he mummbled.

He stared for a moment at his tail before looking up at the window, watching the sunlight refract off the glass and dance on the ceiling. Granted, he only had about 4 really good spells worth of magic left in him--- three considering he would use one up to restore his magic--- It left him with only one real option.

He sighed and leaned forward, unplugging the drain for the tub. He held his hand up and watchedthe little blue sparks. All but his thumb.... So he was right, about 4 good spells. Minus one to restore his magic.

"This is going to bite me in the dorcal, I just know it..." He frowned.

He closed his eyes and placed his hands on his tail, taking a deep calming breath before reopening them. His hands sparked to life as he slowly began rubbing his tail, the scaled flaking off into the tb to reveal skin underneathe, like his arms. As he worked, the webbing between his hands shrunk down, and even the fins on his elbows and ears began to dissapeare.

It took him the better part of an hour, using his magic, to finish what he had started, leaving him with lgs and an over all rather human appearance. Aside form his finger and toe nails, that still held the color of his scales, and his ears which pointed a bit too much to really look normal, he could pass for a regular human; maybe 24 years old.

He sighed, running his hand over his ribs, feeling where his gills had been. The skin there looked scarred. ".... Well," he looked over to the dog who was still in the room with ihm, watching curiously. "That worked out better than exspected." he said, sounding rather self satisfied. 3, or rather, 2 spells left. For good measure, he decided, he would only use one spell, leaving him with another to change back if need be.

"Um~." He half called, hoping to get the girls attention, and maybe a hand standing. In the mean time, he sat, wiggeling his toes and getting a feel for two limbs insted of one.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm

It took Kaylee the better part of the hour to clean up the mess in the living room as well. She'd mopped up the water and ran over it with a citrus scented cleanser, trying her best to get the salty, murky smell of the tainted water off the wood floors. With a rather loud sigh she plopped onto the couch, stretching her hands up above her head and wiggling her stiff limbs. What a workout today ended up becoming. And how strange, as well. She re-ran the scenes of the day through her mind, astonished as reality began to really sink in. Mermaids were real. Mermen were real. And she had one in her bathtub.

It was then she heard a faint call from the bathroom, and Kaylee frowned slightly. She had forgotten he was just laying in the tub. Poor guy, he must be so stiff from lack of mobility. Not to mention the old tub wasn't exactly comfortable. She smiled softly and forced herself up off the couch, carefully making her way across the wet surface and down the hall to the entrance of the bathroom.

"Is everything o-" she stopped mid sentence, dumbfounded by the sight her wide eyes beheld. "Your fins!! They're GONE??"

She stumbled forward, careful not to slip on the puddles of water that still dappled the bathroom floor. "How did--when--how did--??" she babbled, unable to form any coherent string of words.

For the first time she gazed upon him not as a curious, mystical creature she'd rescued from death, but as a human man. Well, almost human. As she looked closer, she noticed he still had some subtle differences from a real human. His ears were a bit pointy, and his nails took on the color of his once brilliant scales. Scales that had now vanished before her eyes.

"How...?"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:50 am

"I told you-- magic." he said, apparently slightly irritated by her reaction. "So, while it's all well and good I look human- I have no idea how to use these things--" he gestured to his legs.

His knees were bent slightly to fit in the tub, and he looked even less comfortable just sitting in the water than before.

When he attempted to stand, all he did was kick water out of the tub and thump his head against the back wall with what must have been a swear escaping his lips. Until he learned to use his legs, he was virtually a cripple on land, despite the sculpted muscles that gave him shape.

He looked uneasy, now that she really looked at him. Like someone who maybe had just been served law suit papers, or been laid off a job. There was an undeniably human stress etched into his face.

There was a number of scars on his skin, showing up now that he had cast his spell than before. A particularly deep scar ran across his stomach, with a fresh one ran from his ankle across the top of his left foot-- most likely what remained from tearing his fin out form the rocks.

He looked like a war torn veteran.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:05 pm

"Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah. Don't get all crazy."

I rushed to the side of the tub, but not before grabbing a towel from under the sink.
Since he had taken on the form of a human, she wasn't sure if he had acquired...well,
male physical features as well.

"Pull the plug at the bottom of the tub. Near your feet," I instructed, and waited for
him to do so. "And here, wrap yourself in this. You need to dry off before getting out
of the tub or you'll continue to slip and fall. Since you're not very steady..."

I turned around, tapping my foot both nervously and impatiently as he did what I
instructed. While being in a human form made things easier for me, for some reason
I felt rather uneasy about the situation. It would be like teaching a baby how to walk.
How long would it take him? Days? Weeks? Months? I was worried.

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:04 pm

He did as he was instructed, wrapping the towel around himself and his newly appeared... bits.

"This is stupid." he said, mostly to himself, pushing himself up with his arms. There were a few odd popping sounds. He turned an unhealthy shade paler and eased himself back down into a sitting position, closing his eyes for a moment.

Two things had happened at once that he had not been prepared for. First was the weight of himself on his spine out of water. It put pressure on old bashing wounds, sending a shooting pain down his new legs.

Secondly, his lungs still burnt from the algae. while he had cleared his gills well enough, he was still sick. He still ran a temperature that left him light headed, and now naucious-- a feeling in and of itself foreign to him. After all-- have you ever seen a fish get sick before?

"Sis! I'm back!"

"Any clever explanation for this?" Akes asked, still holding his breath from having attempted to move again.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 am

"Shit," I muttered under my breath, and I shot Akes a deadly serious look. "Don't. You. Move. You're going to make things worse for yourself, and harder on me."

With that I scurried out of the bathroom, shutting the door quickly behind me. "Oh good, I'm glad you made it back. I was starting to worry," I responded nervously, motioning him away from the bathroom door.

"I'm still mopping up the bathroom. There was so much water everywhere, it took me over an hour just to finish cleaning the living room. If you need to use the bathroom, use mine upstairs, okay?"

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:08 am

"If it took you so long, maybe I should just do the bathroom." he frowned at his sister. "And since when are you so big on cleaning?" he accused as she ushered him to his room.

Akes looked around the bathroom once more before sighing. Lovely.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:55 am

"Like YOU ever help around here." I stuck my tongue out at him, then
ruffled his hair. "Anyway, we have company in the bathroom.
Distant cousin of ours, you met him when you were a baby..."

I met his skeptical look with the most believable one I could
muster, and pointed toward the door that lead to the garage.

"Go fetch Grandpa's old wheelchair, would you? Don't ask
questions now, move along. I'll explain it to you when I
have time."

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 pm

"What- did he slip?" He frowned. "Whatever..."

The preteen grumbled and marched off, calling Scotty to follow him into the garage.

Akes managed to drain the tub and get himself sitting on the toilet seat, glaring daggers at his new legs. He was a well established warrior- now a fish out of water. He felt the pit of his stomach flip unhappily, growling as it did in protest of remaining empty.

Outside the sun had finished setting, the moon still working it's way up into the night sky.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 pm

I scurried to the bathroom, knocking on the door
before entering. By now the floor had dried, and the tub
was drained. Akes sat unhappily with a towel wrapped
around his waist, and he gazed up at me in frustration.

"Okay, so I have a temporary fix until we can work
on using those legs," I smiled reassuringly. I could
hear rustling in the garage, followed by a loud crash
and barking from the dog.

"Uhm, yeah...my brother knows you're here. I told
him you were a distant relative of ours that's visiting.
He won't ask why you're in a wheelchair, don't worry."

It was then I realized he probably didn't know what a
wheelchair was. "A wheelchair...well, you sit in it and
you can use your arms to turn the wheels on it. That
way you can move around without having to use your
legs. I can show you when we bring it in."

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 pm

His frustrated looked turned into one of confusion. "Wait, you mean there are humans who can't use their legs?" he asked. Why else would such a thing as a wheel chair exist?

He kept pushing his long hair out of his face, finally making a frustrated sound of defeat.

[lol ever gotten beach head? times like... a billion XD]
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:53 am

I smiled in response. "Of course there are.
There are humans who may have broken legs, some
that are elderly and have lost strength in their legs, and
there are even some diseases that render legs useless,"
I explained. "A wheelchair makes it so they can get around
and try to have a normal life."

I noticed he was having trouble keeping his hair out of his
eyes, and I stifled a giggle. "If you want I can give you a
hair cut. It would make you less conspicuous, help you blend
in a bit more. Or I can just tie it up for you."

((Haha, I can imagine it perfectly.))

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:42 pm

"Do you have a knife on you?" he asked, apparently agreeing to cut off his hair.

He gave up wrestling the tangled mess out of his eyes and instead shot the red head a look of annoyance and defeat. "I'm a fighter." he said. "Not some.... helpless guppy."

[lol, I'm kind of starting to see this as a sort of beauty and the beast. This is a huge slice of humble pie for him-- maybe she can help him become a nice person. :p I'm thinking he gets a bit more depressed as the days go on when he realizes none of his people seem to notice or care that he's missing-- maybe they never respond to the shell phone :p]
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 pm

"Oh no, I'm not going to use a knife," I laughed,
gathering my hair up into a ponytail and out of my face. "No,
that will make it look choppy and uneven. I'm going to use
scissors."

I paused, figuring he wouldn't have scissors where he came
from. "You'll see. They cut similar to a knife, but they're much
more orthodox and precise."

As I explained I opened the mirror cabinet above the bathroom
sink, digging around until I found a pair of shearing scissors I'd
purchased a few years ago. I'd been cutting my little brother's
hair for years.

"You know..." I hesitated, setting the scissors down upon the sink
and turning to inspect Akes' hair. "I think we might have to detangle
that first. It's like a mop!"

"I have conditioner. We'll have to use that and get started." I pulled
out a round brush from the mirror cabinet as well, then sat myself
down on top of the toilet seat next to the tub. "Are you ready? It
might hurt a bit, but I'll be as gentle as I can."

((THAT IS A GREAT IDEA.))

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

He gave her a sideways look, as though trying to tell if she were joking or not. Last he had checked, hair couldn't be hurt persey.

"I'm ready." he said, shifting to have hid back to her.

He sat awkwardly, unsure of what to do with his legs-- crossing then uncrossing them, folding them then stretching them out.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

I grabbed a hold of the bottle of conditioner next
to him and placed it beside me, laughing to myself at the
scent I'd chosen when I bought it. My brother didn't use
conditioner, so I was forced to use my own on Akes.

I hope he didn't mind smelling like passion fruit.

"Good thing your hair is already wet," I smiled,
squirting the cream into my hands and applying it
awkwardly to the man's mess of hair. I was unsure
of where to begin. Still, I figured it was best to use my
fingers first before resorting to the merciless hair brush.

"So, I have a question for you, Mr. Merman," I spoke up,
attempting to spark up conversation, though I was genuinely
interested in everything about him. I wanted to know all
about his home, his friends, his life--his magical abilities, mostly.
Before this morning, I hadn't known magic ever existed, except
for in fairy tales.

"Can all mermaids turn into humans? And has anyone besides
you ever been brave enough to actually do it?"

(())

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 pm

He thought for a moment, then frowned. "Truth be told, I'm not sure on both accounts." he admitted. "Magic isn't the same for everyone. Some use words to invoke it, others use emotion. Most often I would say magic is used with a combination of the two, or rituals."he attempted to explain. "I'm a fighter though. The fact that I use magic at all is rare. Rarer still is magic of Will, which is what I use. I don't need to know any fancy words, or spend hard earned coin on supplies to practice... Simply, what I want I make happen by wanting it bad enough."

He winced slightly as she pulled on his hair, though said nothing.

His hair was surprisingly soft. One would expect it to be dry and brittle after a life in the sea, though that didn't seem to be the case. It was just tangled to no end.

"What about you?" he asked. "I've seen the weird magic humans use on their ships now. Glowing windows and those motors."
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 pm

"Glowing windows?" I repeated, wrinkling my nose
in amusement at his words. "You mean lights? Electricity.
We use it to power many of the machines we use to on
a day to day basis," I explained as best as I could, though
I was no Albert Einstein when it came to explaining such
things.

"It an energy source that is very crucial to our life style,
but it's also very dangerous. People who work with electricity
are often shocked, and some are killed."

As I spoke I was surprised at how soft his hair felt between my
fingers. While to the eye it seemed like an impossibly tangled mess,
it was untangling rather easily with the conditioner I was using.

The scent of passion fruit met my nostrils, and I closed my eyes
and enjoyed the moment Akes and I were now sharing. He was so
close to me, vulnerable, and the fact that he now trusted me enough
to allow me so close filled me with both a new found pride and
happiness that accompanied his presence. Maybe finding and saving
him were more than just coincidence...maybe meeting him was destiny?
I scanned his bare skin, making note of all the scars that decorated his
battered body. From the look of it, he had lived a very hard life. And I
wanted to do anything I could to help him.

"So you see, that's not magic at all," I continued, running my
fingers as carefully as I could so as not to hurt him. "We humans,
since we don't have magic or aren't born with any physical defense
mechanisms like most other creatures...well, we're
forced to invent things to help us survive. But you know...."

I trailed off, losing myself in my own thoughts. I imagined how different
life would be if humans could use magic. Had we once been able to, but
lost the ability? Were those people that claimed they could see the future,
grant wishes, perform spells...were there claims true?

Instead of normal buildings I imagined grand, colorful houses,
castles, and shops. I saw people dressed in peculiar clothes, travelers
from other worlds, strangers carrying wands and using magic as a
source of happiness and livelihood. As I came to, I laughed at how
far-fetched the idea sounded, but it did not cease my new-found fascination.

"Well,I think it would be pretty cool if us humans could use magic like you."

(())

Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

((BUMP!!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washed up. [Private]   Washed up. [Private] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Washed up. [Private]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next