Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live or be sheltered(Private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female
Number of posts : 293
Animunny : 306
Registration date : 2012-06-20

Live or be sheltered(Private) Empty
PostSubject: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Seventeen year old Jean Peterson never knew the life of a normal child because of his family's organization which he now runs. Seen as an typical business CEO many say he was deprived of a normal childhood and due to this he's seen as emotionless nor does he know how to act around others on a more social level aside from business term. Despite what others thought of him he stuck to his work like glue and didn't let any distractions get to him.

Sitting in the top floor office he was going through paper work mostly finance stuff that would be done by an assistant. But the girl still hadn't shown so to avoid any back log he got to it himself before things got out of hand. Sitting there running the calculations through the calculator everything was going fine until the device suddenly started buzzing and rattled on his desk. Hitting the floor fast he covered his head as a loud pop was heard and the calculator exploded pieces flying everywhere.

Jean stood up horrified that three hours work just went down the drain and now he'd have to start it all over. "Sir is everything alright?" Asked a woman appearing. "Does it look like it..." Said Jean taking a seat shoving the remains off his desk. They landed on the floor and a broom and a dust pan floated over sweeping them up disposing of the mess. "Your new assistant has arrived should I send her in?" Asked the woman. "Yes please do and be quick about it." Said Jean as he looked out the window.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Only a few moments later the receptionist sent in a small framed dark haired elf. Most elves had light shared of hair, ranging form white to even green pastilles. This young woman had dark brown, nearly black locks.

She wore a human blouse, her hair pinned up, allowing the small array of jewels hanging off of long ears shimmer in the light.

She had submitted her resume a few weeks earlier, not including a photo. Most organizations, elven or other wise, choose to steer clear of darker haired elves. They were rumored to bring bad luck in their wake.

"Good afternoon." She greeted. Her train had come into the city late. Her skirt was slightly wrinkled, and out front were her bags, hidden behind the receptionist's desk for the moment-- having not had time to drop them at her new home.

Torrea Makeo, 54. With the difference in life span, that made her anywhere from 16-19 in human years.
Back to top Go down
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Jean stood up and said, "Good you're hear meaning I can finally go take my lunch break. You'll start by organizing this mess over here." He snapped his fingers and a curtain fell showing a huge stack of files wall to wall to ceiling. Last assistant got fired because she used magic incorrectly and everything was put in the wrong area. Either do it the non magic way or get it right if you're going to use any form of magic to categorize anything understood?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:12 pm

"I don't use magic in the work place, sir." Torrea said, eying the stacks of papers with mild dismay. "Enjoy your lunch."

She bowed once more, offering a small smile as her new boss stormed off before sighing. She looked back to the stacks of paper and groaned, looking around the office. This was going to take some time...

By the time Jean returned from his lunch break, Torrea was mostly finished with the files, having cleared the cabinets and started from scratch, following the RACK system. A small stack of neatly placed files stood on his desk-- things that would need his attention that had been tossed under the rug for far too long.
Back to top Go down
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Jean returned expecting some sort of a disaster from work experience with new people. But was surprised when he saw his office in tact. Going and taking a seat he found a cup of coffee ready for him. He went to work looking through the papers as he said, "You're not as bad as I was expecting most the people don't have enough brains to leave me coffee."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Torrea glanced over from the files she was currently organizing. "I wasn't sure how you liked it prepared." she said apologetically.

She turned back to the work at hand, slipping file after file into it's proper place. "A Mr. Meure called while you were out, asking about the renovations on the East Wing of the Hospital. I told him I would have you return his call at your earliest convenience."
Back to top Go down
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:32 pm

"I see I was initially doing out the budget for that but then my calculator failed. I need you to get me a new one on order as soon as possible. Please call him back and it'll be delayed until I can figure out if we have enough on our budget to finish it at the moment." Said Jean as he sipped his coffee.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:35 pm

She set her last file down and stepped over to what was to become her desk and scribbled down a note to herself on a slip of paper before picking up the phone. She spun the dial 5 times, then waited, then relayed his message, speaking in a different language to the man on the other end.

When she hung up she turned around, leaning on the back of her chair to face her new boss. "He said he's looking forward to your call." She said. "And to send his best wishes for your father."

She was a bright woman. Numbers were not her forte, but she was gifted in languages and organization skills. When it came to dealing with different types of people, she was one of the best.
Back to top Go down
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:44 pm

"It seems my father's retirement has been heard by everyone. Though I've been running this office since I was just a boy nearly with him showing me how things worked in this place." Said Jean as he set his cup down. He finished off the papers and said, "Since you did good we both can clock out normal time today. I'll have you deal with the finances tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:49 pm

"Alright." she said, her ears betraying the confidence in her voice as they drooped some. "If you aren't too busy, I was hoping to have a little time to get to know my new employer." She admitted. "A little more knowledge about you and how you like things run can go a long way." she pointed out, not wanting to be one of the others he had laid off. From what she understood she was number 5.
Back to top Go down
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:18 pm

"Unnecessary all I need you to know is to know how to do your job. As long as things are done right I don't care how they are done." Said Jean calmly as he continued stamping papers. The offices doors opened that moment and a rather primpy looking woman came walking in. "Rose aren't you supposed to be out of town?" Asked Jean rather occupied at the moment with his work. "Oh of course but I don't leave till tonight. I've tried calling you six times you didn't tell me the lines changed again. I just came by to see how much of a failure your new hired help is this time. Seems good help is hard to find these days." Said Rose with a smile. "So far she's doing her job well. If it keeps up this way I'll be keeping her around." Said Jean.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Terrea frowned, her ears pinning as she looked over to 'Rose'. "Pleasure to meet you, ma'am." the dark haired elf greeted, standing on her own rather than leaning on her chair any longer. She set her pen down and picked up the last of the files, moving to the silver cabinet to stow it away.

She turned her attention away from the new arrival and back to her boss. "What time would you like me here in the morning?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptySun May 05, 2013 7:25 pm

"By eight a.m and no later and speaking of time you should head on out now Rose." Said Jean as he continued stamping papers. The door opened and another girl came in. "Oh here for your final pay check?" Asked Jean. The girl just gave a nod.

"Very well I'll be back in three days then." Said Rose leaving without another word. The doors closed behind her and Jean disappeared in the back.

"Hey you new girl.. Watch out for his fiance... that's all I have to say..." Said the girl in an almost whisper to Terrea. Jean came out and handed her the check and she then left.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Terrea stood dumbstruck for a moment before shaking herself from her daze. She excused herself , leaving the same way as her predecessor and grabbed her bags as she went.

It didn't take her too long to hop back on the train and make it to her new home, unpack and finish getting settled in. It helped that she only had two bags and plenty of experience in unpacking.

The next day she made it back to the office with half an hour to spare. She fished out the key she had been given and let herself in, quickly moving around the office, setting coffee to brew, and finishing off a few remaining files she had left.
Back to top Go down
annaleewalker
Otakushin Ronin
annaleewalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Jean came five minutes after talking on a cellphone saying, "Yes of course I can try to be there by this afternoon, but it is sort of sudden so give us some time. Try and hold things down until we arrive alright?" After that he hung up and said, "Terrea you'll need to pack up at home and meet me at the train station in forty five minutes. We need to head a couple cities over and help out a sister company for the week. And before you ask travel expenses and lodging are covered by the company. I'll be on platform fifteen so be swift"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live or be sheltered(Private)   Live or be sheltered(Private) Empty

Back to top Go down

Live or be sheltered(Private)
Page 1 of 1