Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 am

Apparently neither of the men had heard her, though Blicka meowed in confusion from the stairway.

--

After her bath, Yalty gave her a woman's travelling robe to change into, though it was a bit too big. The little girl Tates had mentioned had apparently shared Yaltys size-- though not on such a monstrous scale.

"So, when the storm clears, you'll be headed..?"

"Durien." Tates said simply, sipping the tea his friend had made. "It's a small enough but big enough city-- we can get anything we need and move on unnoticed."

"I see. Will I be coming along then?" Yalty raised an eyebrow.

"Tates looked up at the mamoth of a man, then back to the Priestess raising an eyebrow. "One more couldn't hurt, right?"
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female
Number of posts : 1865
Animunny : 12731

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 am

I had just made my way downstairs from my bath, awkwardly moving in the robes that were hardly my size. Still, I was grateful, and with the rather long sash the robes provided I managed to fashion a belt to carry my new weapon. It sat perfectly in its wispy sheath, and I beamed with satisfaction at my resourcefulness.

When addressed by Tates, I snapped out of my temporary high and nodded in agreement. "I feel very safe having Yalty tag along," I replied, flashing the large man an equally large smile. If I had been down and defeated just hours earlier, it was clear something had perked me up.

"I mean, not that I don't feel safe with just you, Tates," I added hurriedly. "Its just that he's so...BIG."

"It's reassuring," I added, embarrassed, the color rising to my cheeks.
(( ))
Back to top Go down
https://animagicrpsite.rpg-board.net
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:23 am

"Yalty laughed at Tates rather put out expression. "I told you to drink your milk." the large man taunted.

"How can you even breathe? Isn't the air thinner up there?" Tates quipped in response, crossing his arms in indigence.

Yalty stood up, still laughing. Of course, Tates was actually fairly tall all things considered. It was only in comparison to Yalty he seemed so small.

"My trunk is still in the spare room?"

"No, Tates, I used it to make toothpicks." the giant said sarcastic, catching the bun Tates threw at him.

"I'll be right back." Tates announced, standing up as well, making his way upstairs to avoid any further height jokes.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:01 am

I stifled a giggle and watched as Tates took his leave, then gazed back down at the new gift at my waist. I was waiting for one of the men to notice it. How oblivious could they be? I absent-mindedly ran my fingers through my wet hair, combing out the knots as I did so.

It was then I remembered the reason for my bath. Tates...he was going to cut my hair. I immediately wanted to take my promise back, but I knew it was something I could not do. My hair was much too long, it would draw attention. Only those of holy or high status ever grew their hair to such lengths. I was no longer either of those statuses. Still, I hoped he wouldn't cut it too short--just long enough to twist into a bun, or put up in a pony tail. My hair was my pride and joy.

I looked back down at my sword, then up at Yalty.

(( ))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

"He's likely looking for the scissors." Yalty said simply, taking her look for an inquisitive glance.

Neither men seemed to notice the dagger.

"How are you feelingn by the way?" the giant asked, hefting himself to his feet to walk over to a closet. He opened the door and pulled out a rather large burlap bag. It seemed to be a sort of improvised backpack, with many pockets sewn onto it. "For a little while there, you gave me a scare. You know that was no ordinary poison you sucked out of those wounds, don't you?" he raised an eyebrow over his shoulder at her. Really, he had a very fatherly feel to him.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:33 pm

The men...they couldn't see it? The thought brought a smirk to my lips, and I subconsciously shifted my weight to my other hip. Oh, Tefra. What a curious goddess she was.

I glanced back up at Yalty, giving him a reassuring smile in response to his concern. "Poison of the Gods..." I spoke barely above a whisper, and I eyed the bag he was carrying curiously. "Yes Yalty, thank you for your concern. While I do admit it gave me a rough time, I am feeling much better. Especially refreshed after the bath."

The smile faded away from my face at the thought of the scissors, and I began to run my fingers through my long, thick hair one last time. It was just hair, it would grow back...though the thought of cutting it, of cutting all ties to Moren, chilled me to the bone.

(( ))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:36 pm

"Yalty nodded, setting his bag aside before pulling out two smaller sacks, these two less elaborate than the large one. "I'm honestly surprised no one has commended you yet for that effort." he admitted. "You showed the makings of something greater than most mortals-- normally that calls for some sort of reward."

Tates boots thumped lightly on his way back down stairs.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:15 pm

I decided there must be a reason they were not able to see the weapon, and I bit my tongue. "I appreciate your honorable words, but I only did what was necessary. While I'm sure Tates would have eventually recovered, if I had not sucked out the poison he would still be in bed at this point."

I could hear Tate's footsteps as he made his way toward us, and the frown was evident on my face. It was time, now, to part with my ebony locks--though this would be much more than a simple haircut. Cutting my hair would be symbolically cutting ties with Moren forever.

I expected a visitation other than Tefren soon...
(( ))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm

"Alright. Found them. Yalty, do you have--" he cut himself off to catch the sheet thrown at him from the taller man. "... Thank you."

"Don't mention it." Yalty said, waving a dismissive hand as he sat back down.

Tates wrapped the sheet around his arm before looking back to the priestess. He was shirtless. For whatever reason, he had pulln off his shirt while upstairs- once more showing off his well sculpted physique.

"Ready, priestess?" he asked,holding the scissors through one loop with his index finger.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 am

Though I'd seen his bare chest the day I sucked the poison from his wounds, this was a different sight to behold. At that moment he no longer looked battle worn, beaten, or drained. He had fully recovered, and I let my eyes search his pale skin, taking note where the light caught and displayed the ridges and curves of his strong muscles. I instantly looked away, surprised by the purely visceral feeling it brought me. My skin tingled, and I drew attention away from my reaction by nervously stroking my hair once again.

"Yes," I murmured softly, running my fingers through one last time to make sure I'd untangled it completely. "Please, if you could keep it at least below my shoulders. I'd like to be able to tie it up."

(( ))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Tates nodded as he pulled her hair up, laying the sheet over her shoulders. "That should be doable. We'll have to burn what we do cut though, so you can't be traced.' he explained, keeping the sheers in his pants pocket for the moment. "About here?" he asked, laying his index finger just below her shoulder blade.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:38 pm

I cringed, swallowed the ever rising lump in my throat, and nodded in response. "Yes, that should do nicely," I replied, my voice wavering as I did so. My knuckles whitened as I clenched the arms of the chair I sat in, falling silent as I waited for my final and ultimate betrayal to Moren.

"Gods, help me..."

(( ))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Tates tied her hair up around her waist and cut just above the tie, leaving it choppy just below her ribs. He handed the hair off to Yalty for it to be burnt outside and went back to the Priestess, doing the best any man really could do, tripping it to an even length just below her shoulders.

By usual standards her hair was still long. Certainly long enough to braid, pin up or put in a bun.

It only took half an hour at longest to cut away her long locks... to cut off her ties with the God of life.

"There." Tates declared, handing her a brush and hair tie. "That must make your head feel a bit lighter." he mused, attempting to make light of what he had just done.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 pm

I wasn't sure how to react. I ran my fingers through what was left of my hair, so thin and meager compared to the thick, beautiful tresses I had carried with me my entire life. I ran my fingers through, through, and through, fussing and fussing, unable to contain both my nervousness and despondency. I felt ashamed of the tears that spilled down my cheeks and trembling lips, but most of all I felt a overwhelming heaviness in my now leaden heart.

Everything I had even known...everything gone, in an instant.

My body racked with each and every sob that escaped my mouth, and as I came to the realization I had been crying throughout the deed, I completely broke down.

I ignored the brush and hair tie and flung my arms around Tates, sobbing quietly into his chest.

(( ))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Tates frowned, dropping the brush and tie to wrap his arms around her, allowing her to cry. He shot Yalty a pleading glance, not sure what to do.

Yalty simply shrugged before hefting himself up and leaving the two alone.

Tates moved to sit, moving for the priestess to sit in his lap. He didn't disturb her crying, he simply ran his fingers up and down her spine, attempting to comfort her. Really, there was nothing else ot be done.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 am

I followed as he lead me unto his lap, my fists tight balls against his chest as I released the anxiety, frustration, and grief I'd pent up all this time. After a few minutes, however, I began to regain control of my breathing, and the sobs became less frequent. I focused on Tait's gentle hands upon my back, his soothing scent and comforting warmth, and after a couple more minutes I found the strength to speak.

"I-I'm very sorry."

I mustered the words in between my remaining sobs, wiping the tears away from my now red and swollen eyes. My cheeks were sticky and hot, and I imagined how awful I must have looked to him. How embarrassed I felt for acting in such a manner around him. Comfortable or not, I felt ashamed for letting my emotions get the best of me in front of him...

(( ))
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

((BUMP!!))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:20 pm

"For what?" Tates looked down at her, raising an eyebrow. "Crying? Tears are our soul overflowing our eyes. You're going through a growing experience when you cry. It's nothing to be ashamed of." He assured her, gently pushing her hair out of her face.

He looked worried, though was obliviously trying to mask it. "Feel better now that you've gotten that out of your system?"
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm

I nodded quickly, flustered by how weak I must have looked in his eyes and how close his face was to mine--I was still perched on his lap. I instinctively shyed away, too embarrassed both by our proximity and my actions. His words were only spoken to comfort, and I knew I had acted foolish.

"I let my fear get the best of me," I murmured, though my next words came firm and strong with affirmation.

"It will not happen again."

I mustered the courage to raise my violet orbs, securing his chocolate hues in my own. I could feel my cheeks burning--I'd never been so close to a man, nor had I ever cried so hysterically in someone else's presence. Both were inappropriate in the eyes of Moren.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 5:45 pm

He stared for a moment before looking away. "Suit yourself. But it's our emotions that make us human." He reminded her, standing up when she slipped off his lap. "It isn't too short." he mused, eying her hair. "When you're ready we'll be leaving. It's safer to travel at night if the God of the Sun is following us."
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 pm

"Right. Let me just get myself together--I won't be long."

I nodded in understanding, self consciously touching my hair again. He was right. Though it would be more difficult to travel at night, it would indeed be safer. Even still, Moren was very powerful and very dangerous. My hand instinctively fell to the blade at my hip, and I was somewhat comforted by the weapon's presence.

"Moren may be a powerful enemy, but we have more allies than we think..."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Outside, Tates and Yalty were waiting for her, Yalty loading the bags and camping gear onto the back of--maybe her eyes were playing tricks on her-- of a dragon. When the horse sized beast looked over and blinked at her.

"Blika." Yalty scolded, still trying to put a lead in it's mouth.

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Cat-Dragon-21517997 [:p the cat is its small form]

Tates looked over to the priestess and smiled. "You're ready then?"
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:57 pm

As I stepped down from the porch I stopped in my tracks and stared, dumbfounded. I squinted, rubbed my puffy eyes, and again took in the scene before me. Did my eyes deceive me? Were they packing our belongings on...on the back of a dragon??

I instinctively made a move to bow, but caught myself before appearing foolish in front of the two men. Dragons were sacred creatures protected under the god Moren, but I was no longer a servant to him. Cutting my hair had not only disgraced the deity, but also symbolized the cutting of any ties I had remaining--though I still did not feel freed.

"Tates...?" I called out quizzically, taking a cautious step forward to remain my distance from the beast. I was too fearful to come near just yet.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 am

"You don't recognize the furball?" Tates raised an eyebrow. "She's been laying in your lap half the time we've been here." He pointed out, amused by her reaction.

"Come on then." Yalty said, holding the lead in his hand. "We ought to get going. Before more of those guards come looking."
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:54 pm

A wave of relied passed over my body, and turning back to the dragon-cat in surprise, I laughed.

"Blika!" I chuckled, dropping my guard and making my way over to my little--well, now large--friend. I brought my hand up to stroke her fuzzy, warm muzzle and smiled. "Well, don't you look different. What a dirty trick to play on me."

Cocking my head I studied her closely for a moment, noticing her powerful new flanks and long, muscular neck. My eyes raised up to her sturdy, ebony horns and trailed over her magnificent, sinewy wings, and I let a soft breath escape my lips, awestruck. Who knew such a small, cuddly cat could transform into such a magnificent beast? She was simply breathtaking.  

"So," I spoke up, turning to address Yalty standing next to me. "Does that mean we're flying?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]   The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Tates' Will Decide [Angel_Lass]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animagic RP Site :: Roleplaying :: Past RP-
Jump to: