Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Snake and the Rose

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

The Snake and the Rose Empty
PostSubject: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am

It wasn't every morning that Scorpius Malfoy's Daily Prophet was used as a landing pad: only on the days his paternal grandparents sent a letter. Their snowy owl, Maleficus, refused to drop the envelope and fly away like a common messenger. He swooped down onto the table and remained until fed a treat. During seven years at Hogwarts, Scorpius had only once tried to reward the owl with an appreciative pat instead of food. He still carried a scar on the tip of his right index finger.

On the first day of March, after Maleficus delivered an envelope and left behind the usual pile of shredded newspaper, Scorpius said, "Hand over your business section, Nott."

Across the table, Nathanial Nott's horsy face turned mulish. "Why is it always mine? Why not take Goyle's?"

"He's still reading the political cartoons."

Nott handed over the section of paper. "The cartoons are in the business section?"

"No." Scorpius plucked a green apple from a fruit bowl to eat later. "Double Potions today, Edgar. You set up, I'll clean up." He'd be on time, but not early, and needed his Potions partner to assemble the ingredients.

Beside him, Edgar nodded and took an enormous bite of muffin.

"Only half? Why not stuff the whole thing in your mouth?" Scorpius asked when he bent to retrieve his schoolbag.

"Uncouth." Edgar's smile displayed berries stuck between large teeth.

Scorpius shook his head as he walked away. They'd sit their exams and leave school in a few months. Maybe then, his best mate would stop pretending he was another Gregory Goyle. That would be a welcome change. In Scorpius' opinion, it was one thing to be underestimated by adversaries and quite another to be called the missing link between man and troll. Edgar never seemed to take offence at slights, but Scorpius wasn't as forgiving. Although he didn't misuse his authority as Prefect, he still settled scores, albeit in a more subtle, untraceable manner.

In the Entrance Hall, instead of heading for the Slytherin common room, Scorpius ducked into the chamber reserved for first-years before they were Sorted. It was quiet, and better yet, private. He wouldn't have to guard his reactions.

Scorpius recognised Grandfather Lucius' handwriting on the envelope, so he broke the seal with extra care. The anti-tampering charm prickled his fingertips as it disengaged. He wondered what would happen if someone else had tried to open the letter. Would it have exploded in their face? Burnt their fingers? He decided he didn't want to know, and that he was stalling.

It was only a letter, thin and flat. There were no objects inside that, while not Dark, per se, could become so if a wizard had the right spell—which always happened to be included. Mere words on parchment; how bad could it be?

Scorpius read the letter and cursed. Then he read it again.

In three weeks time, an elite order will hold a ceremony to initiate new members. It will be my very great pleasure to share further details when I meet you at Kings' Cross.

No greeting, no signature, no naming the group: he was expected to know who was writing and what was implied. And he did. Scorpius had grown up hearing stories from the grandfather who slipped into the nursery after parents bid their son goodnight. The tales of clever Slytherins amused and enthralled until the night of his eighth birthday.

-flashback--

The tip of Grandfather Lucius' wand illuminated the smile Scorpius never saw him give to anyone else. "Are you too old to be read stories now?"

"No, sir." Like the smiles, the stories made Scorpius feel special. "Is that a new edition of wizard tales?" he asked eagerly. Bound in black dragon hide, the book had a red snake on the front.

Grandfather sat on the edge of the mattress and opened the book. "This is better than made up stories. Unlike those Muggles with their round table—yes, I'm aware of what your mother gives you to read—wizards created a circle of power. They became the Knights of Walpurgis."

"Real knights with swords?"

"Spells that cut like swords, wielding magic Muggles only dream of." Grandfather's voice took on a far-away tone. "Their name was changed to suit a powerful leader, but when he died in battle, bold knights who remained loyal to old ways reformed the circle and reclaimed their heritage."

Scorpius was unsure. "This isn't about . . . Voldemort . . . is it?" His mum and dad wouldn't like that.

"No. The Knights of Walpurgis formed centuries before the Dark Lord was born and they will continue as long as wizards draw breath." Grandfather's smile became conspiratorial. "Shall I begin?"

Mum and Dad still might not like it. They said the past was buried and people should live for the future. He looked at the book. His grandfather really wanted to read him the stories, and Scorpius was curious. "Were you a knight?"

"I still am."

"Is father?"

"No, he isn't like us." Grandfather gave him a meaningful look.

Scorpius felt thrilled and disloyal at the same time. He loved his father, who wasn't bold or daring. Father worried about Scorpius being safe and wouldn't let him have a racing broom. "Yes, sir," he said. "I'd like to hear a story."

--end flashback--

The memory caused Scorpius to curse again. Loudly. It didn't relieve his frustration. He would do almost anything for his grandfather, but not this. Understanding someone's beliefs didn't mean sharing them, and tales of cunning and adventure didn't change the fact that the Knights of Walpurgis were wizard supremacists. They revered purity of blood and married cousins—even ugly ones they didn't like. No way would Scorpius accept "knighthood."

There was no way to tell Grandfather, either. Lucius Malfoy's word was law. Everyone in the family did as he said and if someone disagreed with him, he acted as though he or she hadn't spoken. It was fiendishly effective. Scorpius had used the tactic himself on his dorm mates, Nott and Willoughby.

He found it easy to imagine Grandfather tossing his letter of refusal in the rubbish bin, discounting it as nerves. Scorpius would get off the train and find himself railroaded into so-called knighthood.

Unless he didn't go home.

The idea was radically appealing. Malfoys didn't stay at school over holidays, so if Scorpius broke tradition and remained at Hogwarts Grandfather would know why, and he'd have to deal with it.

Long distance.

Cheered, Scorpius entered the dungeon with a minute to spare. Every classmate looked in his direction except one: Rose Weasley. She arranged implements on the table she currently occupied all by herself. That was interesting. Albus Potter had never missed a class before.

At the blackboard, Professor Blackwell halted writing in her elegant script. "You have made your grand entrance, Mr. Malfoy. No need to linger in the doorway. Be seated."

A few _________'s(Pick a house) snickered; amused the Head of Slytherin House didn't give Slytherins preferential treatment, no doubt. They'd heard too many Professor Snape stories from their parents.

Scorpius knew the way to get on her good side. He said, "Beg pardon, professor, I was reading the list of ingredients."

Thin brown eyebrows winged upwards. "And have you deduced the potion you will be brewing?"

He quickly scanned the list. Monkshood, Echinacea, wild hops, elderflower, porcupine parts, a drop of dragon blood . . . "A version of Pepperup Potion, ma'am?"

"Ten points to Slytherin. Along with a generous monetary donation, Glover Hipworth bequeathed Hogwarts the right to brew his formula for non-commercial use." Professor Blackwell smiled a little. "Each seventh-year Advanced Potions class is invited to help replenish the hospital wing stores, with fifteen points awarded for successful brewing."

When the professor resumed writing instructions, Scorpius took his seat. He pulled his hair back and tied it with a band. "Where's Potter?" he asked in an undertone, glancing at the table diagonal from theirs. Weasley was lining ingredients up in what appeared to be alphabetical order.

Edgar said, "Sick."

Scorpius' gaze flickered to the girl whose reddish brown hair flowed over her shoulder. Not looking up when he walked in; extra-compulsive organization; no ponytail—the pieces of her unusual behavior abruptly clicked into place. Rose Weasley, Head Girl, was nervous about brewing a potion without the Head Boy standing by.

Edgar clearing his throat brought Scorpius' attention back to the potion he was supposed to be brewing. He picked up a silver knife and reached for a jar. "I'll handle the porcupine pâté," he said. His friend was squeamish about body parts.

Although the instructions given were minimal, Scorpius didn't doubt his ability to brew the potion. Seventh-years were routinely expected to complete the practical portion of the lesson and then discuss theory. Besides, a failed potion didn't necessarily equal a low mark. Professor Blackwell was strict, but fair. She allowed students a second chance to achieve success.

As Scorpius raised the temperature of the magical flames beneath his cauldron, he couldn't help notice that Weasley had failed to do likewise. What was she thinking? Blackwell hadn't specified temperature, but the potion was curative and left steam dribbling out the ears. Obviously, the brew had to boil, not simmer.

The handle of his wooden spoon clanged against iron when he stirred. Weasley threw him look of irritation, and then her eyes slid to the flames licking the sides of his cauldron. She turned away. Within seconds, her fire matched his.

Those actions were enlightening. Scorpius had wondered over the years whether Miss Top of the Class actually had the instinctive grasp of potions making she and her cousin were credited with. The two were always whispering. Professor Blackwell never caught them at it, and he had never cared enough to tell anyone except Edgar, who figured Weasley was continuing her mother's tradition of assisting her Potions partner. Covert observation gave Scorpius the opposite idea, now proven.

Rose Weasley wasn't like him, only needing to read information to utilize it. She was probably the type that learned by doing—that was why she was always taking notes, even when the assignment was silent reading. She excelled in Potions through imitation and practice, and now here she was, faced with a new potion with no partner to imitate. How would she do?

Not well, he decided near the end of class. His potion poured into the flagon like liquid smoke. From her slumped shoulders, Weasley's potion would not do likewise. How would she handle it?

If he hadn't been watching, Scorpius wouldn't have believed it. Rose Weasley deliberately tipped her cauldron over.

Gasps echoed against stone walls.

"I had an accident," Weasley told the teacher who hurried to 'Evanesco' the dripping mess. She looked down at her spoon as though evil spirits possessed it. "I—I need to start again. May I stay after class?"

"I prefer my students to eat lunch," Professor Blackwell said. "You may wait until your partner returns to class to brew the potion."

Weasley's jaw clenched. "Please ma'am. I want to make up my work right away. I'll—I'll have sandwiches with tea this afternoon."

"Very well, but remember, my next class starts at one o'clock sharp."

"Yes, ma'am." Weasley lugged her cauldron over to the basin in the corner to scrub it by hand.

Scorpius absently labelled his flagon, unable to get his head around what had happened. Why didn't Weasley take Blackwell up on her offer? Why did she insist on trying to brew the potion without Potter?

He tried to put the whole thing out of his mind. It didn't work. Halfway through lunch he told Edgar, "I'm going to the library," and left.

A Disillusionment Charm allowed Scorpius to slip into the dungeon unnoticed. He watched Weasley put elderflower into her cauldron and then read the notes she must have written down after class. In a sudden move that made him blink, she picked up the notebook and hurled it across the room. "I did it wrong, this won't work!"

"Of course it won't," he said, breaking the charm. "You don't know what you're doing." He retrieved the notebook and flipped through the pages. "Look at the other notes. They're detailed. Precise." Scorpius found the instructions for Pepperup Potion. "Half the directions are missing. Only a fool would think she could muddle through with this."
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female
Number of posts : 364
Animunny : 993
Registration date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Rose looked up, slightly taken aback and blushed minutely. She tucked her flowing red hair behind her ear nervously as she felt her palms sweat. This was a Malfoy...her father had told her to stay away from him, what was she to do? She needed to re-attempt this potion. She was tired of having to imitate people when it came to potions. She took a deep breath and looked away from him. This was her worst subject and now she was being watched by THE Malfoy himself. She recalled what she had seen of the other succesful students and tried to recreate the steps. She brought the cauldron to a much higher heat than before, but due to the shaking in her hand she added too much monkshood causing the concoction to bubble, sizzle and send firework like sparks around the room. She ducked under the desk and pulled out her wand. She flicked it around made a bubble around the flames and top of the cauldron, effectively ceasing all oxygen in that little area. Blackwater walked back in and looked at the failing potion. "Miss Weasley, I do believe you should clean up and go take your lunch." She paused and looked at Malfoy, "Did you have a question Scorpious?" Rose sighed to herself, blushing as red as her hair, though it was only in her ears...a trait she had picked up from her father, and swiftly cleaned up, packed away her things and darted out of the dungeon. How humiliating!

She quickly grabbed a sandwhich and some tea at the table in the great hall and scarfed it down before heading to the library. On the way there she ran into a group of seventh year Hufflepuff were goofing around in the hall, until they saw Rose anyway. She held her book to her cheast tightly as they walked toward her. "Hey Weasel, what are you up to? Trying to stick your nose where it doesn't belong again?" They approached her and she backed up, trying not to be confrontational, but soon was backed into a corner. The three Hufflepuff boys all grinned at her in a mean way. The semi leader of the group used to be a beater for the team, but oneday she had caught him charming the bludgers to chase the Gryffindor chasers and reported him. Once the matter was all sorted out, he in the end had gotten kicked off the Quidditch team. The Hufflepuff's hated her for that since he was a spectacular beater ot begin with. She tried to hold her head high as she said, "It's your fault for cheating." Was all she said.

The boy, Jaxon, laughed quietly and moved swiftly. He knocked her book out her hands and grabbed her by the robes, the other two, inconspicuously holding their wands at her. "I told you I would make your life Hell. Welcome to it." He held her up a bit higher, her feet now not touching the floor. She was shaking and quickly pointed her wand at him and cast a silent stinging hex on him. He dropped her and she bolted as fast as she could for the Great Hall. She got there and sat at the table, panting and flustered. "Rose, are you alright?" A hand landed on her shoulder and she jumped as she turned around, it was just Harry. "Oh, uhmm, yes sir." She smiled at her head of house and he nodded, walking off to his next class.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:15 am

"Did you have a question Scorpious?"

"Well, I was--" He blinked when the red head breezed by him. Now that was odd.

".... A bit hyper today." Professor Blackwell noted, pursing her lips. "Mr. malfoy, you're a prefect. Why not see if you can keep an eye on her. Apparently without Mr. Potter around she's lost her head to the clouds." the woman sat back at her desk.

"Yes ma'am." Scorpious frowned. He turnedon his heel, followingthe path the redhead had gone at a leisurely passe. He didn't have any real reason to follow her other than the teachers request. He had been willing to offer her a hand with her Potion, but she'd simply up and left. In his opinion, it meant she deserved whatever grade she got.

From down the hall, he noticed three Huffelpuff boys circled around someone. Ms. weasley would have to wait.

He scowled lightly and drew his wand, only to see whoever had been cornered had hexed herself free and made a dash for it. Ms. Weasley. Again. it seemed she just wasn't having a good day.

Before the three boys could run after them Scorpious had slung a tangelfoot hex at them, making them fall facefirst onto the floor as he walked up. "Really, on such a nice day you're going to cause trouble?" He frowned. As a prefect, he couldnt deduct points other than from his own house. But he could give detentions.

"Just a little fun." one of the three muttered, clearly annoyed at having been caught.

"Mmhm." Scorpious didn't seem convinced. He removed his hex, tucking his wand behind his ear like he usualy kept it. "Come on then. You three have some explaining to do."

---

After dropping the boys off in Filches hands to deal with detention, he made his way to the grandhall to grab a bit of lunch before the food was removed. He made it intime to grab a half a sandwich and glass of juice.

Across the way, he noticed rose sitting alone at the Griffindor table.

Against his better judgement he made his way over to her and sat next to her. "Just isn't a good day for you today, is it?" he commented.

The Great Hall was mostly empty, or the Malfoy heir would never have sat at a diffrent table, but with no other Slytherins present but first years, he didnt mind.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:21 am

She kind of jumped at the soundof Malfoy's voice. She breifly looked up at him and then away, "What makes you say that?" She toyed with her tea, not realy in the mood for it, more sitting on edge as Malfoy was next to her. She thought to herself, "^ Oh if my dad saw this he would flip!^" She could feel her heart racing faster as panic about what her father would think as she then looked back at him, a new mood coming over her...breifly. She stared at him directly in the eye, something she never did unless she was angry, which she wasn't now.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 am

Scorpious shrugged. "Purpously spilt your potion, gave up on it the second time around, jumped by Huffelpuffs, and your best friend and cousin is sick. I'm no expert, but to me it sounds like a bad day."

When he finally glanced back to her, he was a bit suprised to see her staring at him so intensely. "Er, so anyway..." he took a sip of his drink before standing. "I was going to offer you a hand with your potion." he said simply. "I've got round until 6. After dinner if you decide to take me up on my offer, come find me at the Slytherin table."
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:50 am

Her eyes widened as the brave? mood slipped away. Her ears turned furiously red, even though only oone was semi visible. "W-wait...y-you you saw that?!!" She whimpered in embarrassment then looked back up at him again, "You would...you would do that?" Clearly struck down in awe and confusion. When was the last time anyone she didn't already know/grow up with offer her help. He didn't seem to want anything in return...or if he did he was damn good at hiding it. Malfoy, the evil of all evil families, offering a Weasley help. Why had her father told her to stay away? She was sooo going to get grounded if he ever found out, but slowly, she started to not care. "I'll think about it....thank you?" The words sounded weird coming out. "^NO! I should be running AWAY from him...not THINKING about him...oh dear.....I'm a mess...^" She realized she was going to be late to her DADA class if she didn't hurry. "I gotta go." She whizzed away toward her class and just BARELY made it with time to spare, though she found her mind wandering the entire class period. In any case the teacher simply rambled on how to find and subdue a thistlewarted poppy troll. She had already read up on how to do that so she was confident in her ability, besides, this wasn't Potions class. All she could think about were Malfoy's words "I was going to offer you a hand with your potion." he said simply. "I've got round until 6. After dinner if you decide to take me up on my offer, come find me at the Slytherin table." They echoed in her mind and she found herself...smiling?

After getting through her classes she went to Quidditch practice. She dawned her robes and gear, grabbed her Firebolt, which she had won in a Bertie Botts Bean eating contest, well the raffle to be put in the Drawing for the Firebolt. It was her prized possession and she took to the sky, looking for the tell tale glint of gold. She saw it and her hunter's instinct came out. She dove, dodgeing players and Bludgers. She caught the Snitch.

After practice came dinner. She was nervous as she argued in her head continually through dinner. Once it was over she as stealthily as possible located the Malfoy and VERY timidly tapped him on the shoulder, eyes peered at her curiously and confused as she stood there, shaking like a leaf, and looking at the floor.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Scorpious had been chatting withher friends wen silence fell over the Slytherin table. The blond raised an eyebrow, looking over his shoulder when somoene tapped him.

In all honesty, he was suprised to see Rose standing there. He haddn't expected her to take him up on his offer.

"What do you want?" A slytherin girl across from Scorpious asked scowling.

"Be nice." Scorpious scolded standing up. The black haired girl looked like she had been slapped across the face. "I've got some issues in our latest Transfiguration class, Ms. Weasley has been kind enough to offer to help me with."

Nott snorted. "You've never had an issue with Transfiguration." he accused. Just from the look Scorpious shot him, he recoild on his words, "So, uh, yeah. Good luck, Scorpious."

The blond scoffed lightly, picking up his bag as he turned to Rose. "Shall we?" he gestured for her to lead the way, leaving his house mates in a stunned silence.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:15 pm

She cowered a slight bit as the black haired girl snapped at her, then she looked up a bit as he mentioned Transfiguration. Rose looked at Scorpious with a slightly confused, yet slightly humored look and promptly turned and headed OUT of the Great Hall to a corridor where they could then go to the dungeon. She sighed, her shoulders dropping, "If you don't want to help I would understand." She said softly. She looked up at him and then away at the floor, chewing the inside of her lip, waiting for one of two possible responses. Her mind was whirring at ten million miles a second it seemed. She shook her head and looked up in his general direction, not in his eyes, but focusing on his lips so as not to be impolite or ungrateful.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 pm

"I offered to help." he pointed out. "And seeing as how I followed you out here, I think it's safe to assume I am still willing."

He offered her a small and rare grin. With that, he took the lead, leading her to the class room where he had already set up a cauldron and the ingredients. "If you brought an extra flask you can being some to Potter. It should have him up and around the castle by morning." he added as a slight after thought, pulling his wand down from behind his ear and rolling up his sleeves.

He pulled out his text book and tapped the page once, charming the font to appear larger. "Er, I trust you'll be discrete about that." he frowned slightly. It seemed Scorpious Malfoy wasn't as perfect as people made him out to be. His eyes were a strange gray color, not typicaly natural. A small charm gone wrong his first year that left his eye sight a bit off.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 pm

She blushed a bit as she realized what he meant, she then said, "Discreet about what?" Giving him a small playful smile. He wasn't as bad as all the other people had made the Malfoy's out to be. Even if they were as bad as they said, Scorpious wasn't. She dropped into thought for a bit and then shook her head, 'Ok so what is first?" SHe asked quietly, still embarrassed that she was THIS incompetant at potions.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm

"First, we have to cut the ingredients." he said, getting to work. He moved around easily and quickly, showing her what to do along they way effortlessly. Potions was his strong suit. He wasnt one for sports, and never joined the dueling club or anything of the sort. Even the Potions club, Scorpious had declined joining, being a prefect and nothing more.

"Now it needs to boil for about a minute and it's finished." he said simply, sitting down and rolling his sleeves back down.

His arms had been well toned. For someone not physicaly active, he sure had a build that said otherwise. Perhaps that was why people either loved or hated him. He came across as snobish, acompanied by his familys reputation.

There had only been one major insident with the Malfoy, which would have resulted in anyone else being expelled. A few school years prior had been the year his mother had died. It had been all over the Daily Prophet. Draco had dropped out of the running for Minister, and Scorpious had not gone to the funeral, due to his OWLS. One boy had had the clever idea of attempting a snide remark about his mother soon after, and how heartless Scorpious must have been for not going to the wake. The result? The boy had been in the infirmary for nearly three whole weeks after Scorpious had finished with him...

But then, every once in a while, he would do some random act of kindness. The blond was an amigma. even his 'friends' Nott and Goyel hardly knew him.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:43 pm

She helped out where she could, slicing ingredients, that she was an expert at, she new how to treat the ingredients, but not how to combine themn together in the right order, or how to boil them and so forth. She gazed at Scorpious, oddly built for someone so inactive. "I have to ask, and please don't take offense to this, but why are you helping me? I know you are not your family, but how are you not anywhere close to the stories I have heard about them?" She closed her eyes, expecting him to yell at her or be cross at her. "If it's too personal or none of my business feel free to tell me." She said in a semi squeaky quick mousy manner.

"^Way to go, you're going to piss both your father AND Malfoy off. You're SUCH a loser!^" She mentally berated herself. She peered up at him, since he was distinctly taller than her five, foot eight.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:47 pm

"I spent more time with my mothers side of the family than my fathers." he said passivly. "I've picked up many traits from them both, but I suppose the two mixing just made something new- namely me."

It was a simple and logical enough explination.

"And there--" he tapped the fire, putting it out easily. "Now just pour it into a couple flasks and leave it to be graded."
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 pm

She responded before she realized what she was doing. She hugged him quickly and said, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!" She bottled it up expertly and labeled them, and brought one for Albus. She blushed once she realized what she did, "Uhmmm sorry about that." She looked to the floor....which she was very familiar with by this point. She could probably tell you where in the castle she was just by looking at the floor. She packed everything up, and cleaned out the cauldron and then looked to Scorpious, "So what are you going to tell your friends about the "transfiguration lesson...if you weren't that bad to begin with?" She asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Scorpious was a little startled by the sudden hug, and didn't return it, having his arms pinned to his sides. He watched her as she scurried around with clean up like she were an odd and interesting creature of some sort before she asked him about transfiguration.

"Oh, well... No worries." He said, snapping out of his own thoughts. "Odds are they wont even ask. If they do I'll just ignore them." he said, waving a hand as if to shoo away a bothersome bug.

He stood up and waved his hand, collecting his books in his empty cauldron before picking it up.

Now that was impressive. Very few wizards could cast spells without their wand, even simple charms like that. It was something that typicaly took alot of practice and discapline.

"If you need a hand in the future, feel free to tell me." he added. "I've got hardly anything better to do with my time anyway."
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:05 pm

She bit her lip and TRIED not to beam like a kid in a candy shop, but it failed miserably. "Thank you again. If there is ever anything I can do for you as well, please let me know and I'll do everything I can." She shook her head and then gave him a soft, sincere smile. She walked around the room and began cleaning up, making sure everything was pristine and put bak nicer than when she came in.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 pm

"Unless you can fix poor eyesight, I'm sure I'll be fine." he said, waiting by the door for her.

As they both left the room, he closed and locked up behind them. Yay for being a prefect.

"You'd better get to your common room. Any time past 9 and you'll be in trouble." he warned. He bidher good night, as ever a gentalman would, and swept off in his own direction, farther into the dungons.

He left her standing in the hall with a small letter at her feet. It must have fallen out of his bag.

---- Morning ----

Scorpious was the last to breakfast, as usual, his blond hair pulled back and out of his face with a matching set of dark circles under his eyes. He haddn't slept well, since getting back to his dorm. Having gone to reread the letter form his grandfather, he had found he misplaced it and spent the rest of the night retracing his steps from the day before searching for it with his prefect badge and a lumos charm to light the way.

"Business section?" Nott guessed as the blond sat down and poured himself a cup of hot tea.

Scorpious nodded wearily, crunching into an apple. "Same as usual." he said, holding his hand out for the section passed to him.

"Rough night?" the ebony haired girl across from him asked, concern laced in her voice. Scorpious frowned at the fake tone she held.

He ignored her, allowinghis eyes to scan over the paper.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Rose smiled and waved, "Thank you once again...I MIGHT be able to do that you know....Transfiguration is one of my top subjects...although honestly anything but Potions, Divination, and History are my good subjects." She giggled a bit and watched him walk away, then she realized a letter at her feet. She picked it up and looked up to call Scorpious back, but he was out of sight. She shrugged and skipped back to the Gryffindor common room, letter in hand. She would give it to him in the morning. She walked to the portrait, gave the password and then began to set her things up to do her homework, setting the letter beside her. One of her friends came up and giggled at her. "Hey Rose...what you up to?" She asked, "Just homework, how about you Myra?" She had a devious look over her face, "In three weeks time, an elite order will hold a ceremony to initiate new members. It will be my very great pleasure to share further details when I meet you at Kings' Cross." Rose looked up to see Myra holding the letter Scorpious had dropped. "What are you doing?!! That's not yours!" She snatched the letter from her and folded it back up neatly. "What was that letter even about?" She asked, dodging Rose's furious stare. "I don't know, it's something I heard in a dream so I scribbled it down this morning, it's nothing really." Rose said as she blushed. Myra, "Oh Rose, you're so silly. I'm going to bed now, have fun with your loads of homework." She bounced away.

Rose sighed in relief, that was close. Myra never remembered trivial things like that so it should be alright. She did wonder what it all meant, then figured it was none of her business, but she would have to tell him....oh there goes any friendship that might have happened with Scorpious, he would be sooo mad at her for this. She sighed as she finished her homework and packed everything up for the next day of class and went to bed, putting the letter under her pillow.

The next morning she woke, feeling dreadful, so many scenarios of Malfoy yelling at her plagued her through the night. She got dressed and with the letter hidden in her robes and her things packed, she headed to the Great Hall. She spotted Malfoy sitting in his usual spot, reading the paper. She took a deep breath and walked over to the table and softly tapped him on the shoulder again. She waited for him to turn around, ignoring all the other people.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 pm

"Another lesson?" The ebony haired girl quipped, making Scorpious looked up.

"Come again?" he frowned. When someone tapped his shoulder, he understood what she had been refering to. He looked up at Rose and blinked. "Good morning?" he asked, more than greeted.

A few of the girls at the table all but swooned over the way he said that. It wasn't common for Scorpious Malfoy to be sleepy and suprised at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Rose tried to keep herself composed and said softly so only Scorpious could hear, "You dropped this last night and you disappeared before I could get it back to you." She handed him the letter and darted off once he took it. She grabbed an apple and headed to the library to look up Transfiguration spells for eye sight, just to see what was out there and if she could at all try and master it.

While in the library she heard a few voices from the other side of a bookshelf talking about her. "Did you see that Gryffindor this morning? Going up to the Slytherin Prefect like that. Such POOR Taste. That's a Weasel for ya, no class." She buried herself into her book and hid as they walked right past her, not even noticing she was there. She could feel tears pricking at her eyes, but she shook them off and simply checked out the necessary books and then went to go find the Transfiguration teacher.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Scorpious blinked and took the letter, watchingher run off as a few of his peers laughed.

"So much for Griffindor Bravery. What did you door to the poor thing last night to scare her?" One of his house mates asked, clearly amused.

"I'll leave it to your imagination." Scorpious said simply, tucking his letter into his bag, deep this time, before standing.

"Where are you off to?" Nott asked. "We dont have class till noon." he pointed out.

Scorpious glanced at him down the bridge of his nose. "And since when did you become my keeper, Nott?" he asked dully.

The boy didn't push the matter any farter, watching the blond walk off before looking to Edgar. "Is it just me, or is something eating at Malfoy?"

Edgar shrugged. "He's a Malfoy. Being moody is in his nature."

-----

Scorpious rubbed his eye with a frown, walking down the halls toarss the library. He had some extra work to do on before tests, and sitting in the common room was a sure fire way not to get any of it done.

Walking into the library he stopped rubbing his eye, having nearly walked right into someone on their way out. "Sorry." he muttered to Rose, not really noticing who it was. He had a one track mind at times.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Rose squeaked, "I'm the one who should be sorry, I wasn't paying attention." She continued to walk to go find the professor, but noticed how tired he looked, "Malfoy....you should get some sleep. You look like you're asleep on your feet." She said softly with a slight amount of concern.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:01 pm

He paused and looked over at her. He offered a weak smile. "There's plenty of time for sleep once I'm dead." he said. He turned to face her. "How's Potter doing?" he asked, only mildly curious. He was more curious as to how her potion turned out.

Before she culd answer the black haired girl from Slytherin hurried over to them, latching herself to Scorpious' arm. "Malfoy~, Nott's doing that thing again." she whined, tugging on his arm. scorpious frowned. "Then hex him and be done with it." he suggested, hearin his friend farther down the hall way laughing. The horsefaced boy had a horrible habbit for blowing wind up the girls skirts.
Back to top Go down
Kusuna
Admin
Admin
Kusuna

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Not sure what to do she said, "He's fine." She gave Malfoy a soft look, that would have been a smile were there not other people around. "See ya around." She said quietly and began to walk off, steering clear of Nott. She went and found the professor fro Transfiguration and asked about being able to change eye sight. She simply said, "It take several years to master and really there are few that can, messing with the body like that is highly dangerous and requires the utmost precision." She went back to her paper work and Rose left. All she could think about was Malfoy. She shook her head and told herself mentally, "No, he is only being nice. He's a Slytherin, you're a sad excuse for a Gryffindor. You can't even stand up for yourself." She sighed and headed to her flying class. Madame Hooch had to call her out several times for flying around aimlessly.

"Are you alright Rose?" Hooch asked as she pulled her off to the side. "Huh, uhm yeah, I just didn't sleep well last night is all." Hooch said, "Well there IS a match tomorrow, you need to be well rested. Don't want anyone getting hurt." Rose nodded and focused on the class at hand before heading to Care of Magical Creatures."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Care of magical Creatures- Scorpious' least favorite class. Not because hedidn't like animals. It was more due to the fact that the teacher seemed to hate him.

Scorpious never did get to study like he had planned. He had been dragged off by the obnoxious Slytherin girl who insisted he help her.

By the time noon class rolled around, He was half asleep as he walked, allowing the girl to guide him around by the arm. It made her day, and made it easier for Scorpious to stay awake. It was win-win.

"Hey- we're here." She shook him slightly once they ot to the field class was in.

"Right." Scorpious yawned, pulling his arm free to cover his mouth. "Fantastic." he said with little to no enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Snake and the Rose   The Snake and the Rose Empty

Back to top Go down

The Snake and the Rose
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next