Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legend of the Moon

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Legend of the Moon Artemis-1

The legend said that whosoever stole from the Great Forest would face the wrath of the Goddess who loved and protected it from the top of the leafy trees to the bottom of the burrows of badgers and ferrets. Considered beautiful and wondrous to behold, none could best her in archery nor in flight. Faster than the hero Atalanta, stronger than Hercules, and with love and loyalty unmatched by Orpheus, she was desired by many and yet none could catch her.

Within the Great Forest she played and hunted, punishing those who did her forest wrong, and rewarding those who protected its vast rewards. Amidst that legend lay another, one far more secret to mere mortals, kept secret by her very brother, the sun himself. For the one who could steal the heart of the Moon herself would have her forever more. He would become a God to live alongside her, to forever protect the forest she loved, and in turn to protect her.

In the forest did Artemis slumber, dance, and flourish. Here she would wait for an eternity for a single man to brave the dangers of the wood, to conquer the heart that lay within. To be a God was the reward, to face the dangers sent by Apollo was the hardship, to convince the most free of women to cleave herself to you was the task. Are you the man to succeed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly, a young woman made her way through the forest. In every way she appeared unremarkable. Her long brownish gold hair was plaited down her back, with only a few golden tendrils framing her face. In her hand was her trusty bow, fitted with an arrow to take down her prey. She wasn’t hunting deer or stag that day however. No, she was hunting a trespasser. A human who dared steal from the forest that Zeus himself and placed for the Gods alone to enjoy.

Soon she came upon him. The human hunter was roguish, his features calm and focused. His eyes aware and alert for anything, and his ears listening for any slight disturbance around him. As she began to pull back her bowstring getting ready to fire, he jumped into a defensive posture his hunting knife at the ready. She paused, the human intriguing her. Not many could hear her pull the string back on her hunters bow. It was such a small sound, subtle, and could blend into the natural sounds of the forest. Yet, this human could hear it and was trying to defend himself. He was no normal human hunter.

“Hold,” she called, her bow aimed. “I do not miss. State your business.”

Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female
Number of posts : 522
Animunny : 625
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: In the forest stands hunter and goddess, what will become of their fate?   Legend of the Moon EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Legend of the Moon Hunter

Legend of the Moon Twirly

For as long as Aleksei could remember, his life revolved around the hunt. His superiors couldn't stress this enough, training him at the earliest year possible around five more or less. He never knew what a normal life was like outside the limited world of the trees and the dark, cruel nature he was thrown into by force.

Born an only child (at least he believed so,) by a hunter-crazed father and a gentle, loving mother, Aleksei was given the name Prodigy by another hunter, and close friend of his father. The boy would show great potential and much promise. When he wasn't training he did receive a formal education. One that made his life a little easier for him outside that world of "shoot now -ask questions never' and he always looked forward to cracking open a text book. The boy loved knowledge, and embraced every opportunity he got to learn more.

His father resented it though, he saw his son leaning toward a different path, for his persona hadn't even evolved from, tender, quiet boy. Aleksei was eleven years, already an expert at Bow hunting, and yet he hadn't yet grasped the raw, tough characteristics of a hunter. But that would surely change...

Over the years the training grew more and more intense, and Aleksei was pushed far beyong his limitations, but in his father's eyes it was for his own good. He wasn't by any means just a regular hunter after all; the kind that went after four-legged, little animals that stalked each other, or lived to search for their next meal in their small world. No, he was a Supernatural hunter, the kind that went after monsters, demons, ghosts and things that went 'bump' in the night.

In that world, Aleksei's life was in even greater danger then merely wrestling with a bear.

Legend of the Moon LineLegend of the Moon Line

“Hold,” she called, her bow aimed. “I do not miss. State your business.”

Aleksei's claret hues scanned the wooded area surrounding him. Gripping the smaller, handle of a knife he had fished out from its hilt, he stood tall, aware that the voice came from behind.

Raising the other hand, he held a single, ripe, red fruit: an apple.

"It's no business that need your concern, I'm simply passing by."

The hunter would turn to finally spot the woman with her arrow aimed directly at him. There was a glint in his velvety, garnet eyes, amused that such a lady would approach him so brashly. Beautiful and by the looks of it, deadly too...This could be fun.

A cool breeze whipped softly through the forest trees, rustling the ceiling of leaves above, the dead ones at their feet, almost a silent sigh of the earth herself. Perhaps in anticipation for a would be bloody battle, or something more.

The breeze shifted loose shreds of his, long, black cloak out behind him; even shifting a few wispy strands of his long silvery hair over his eyes. He slid the small, knife back into it's hilt, and placed at hand at his hip.

"I think you're mistaking me for an animal Ms. Huntress. Put the bow down, I come in peace."

Back to top Go down
https://noctemys.tumblr.com/
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:46 pm

((Yay! Someone joined! Welcome to Animagic!))

“What business have you here. I’ll not repeat myself again.” She said coldly, stepping forward into the clearing, her bow string taut and ready to fire.

The wind that seemed to sigh through the clearing lifted her hood from her face to expose her eagle like features. Her strong cheekbones were prominent on her face, giving her an angled look, with eyes that missed nothing. Her lips were full and a dark shade of red, standing out against her pale skin that seemed to shine from an inward light. She was obviously not human as she stood before him, and yet what else could she be?

“You carry the apple from one of my trees. I know you hunt for something.” She said, her eyes never wavering from his person.
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:08 am

((Thanks for accepting me to join you! ^^//))

The hunter wasn't surprised at finally fully seeing her beauty, he was right; she was both oddily beautiful and dangerous. It was comforting to know this.

"I know you're not human. You're too beautiful to be, and not just so, I'm
Aleksei, a Supernatural hunter. So I would know." He cocked his head to an angle as he regarded her calmly.

She remained with her eyes fixed on his, like a hawk; watching and the arrow unmoving from its target. Him.

Most people would be bothered by this, offended or even afraid. Aleksei wasn't most people.

"The apple, yeah I just took it from a random tree," he mused, recalling the walk through the labyrinthine forest, that in itself seemed stragely magical? He of course wouldn't think much of it. Returning his attention at her, he continued "does it bother you? Do you want it back?"

He held it out to her, a silent invitation for her to draw nearer and take it from him -that is, if she was fast enough.

His movement was so unnaturally graceful, like that of a bird; being a hunter, one would expect a harsh, almost brutal behaviour. He defied those expectations. The hunter furrowed his brows at her and frowned, but it was still quite obvious that he was taunting her.

She didn't seem like a spirit, her visage seemed too sophisticated then that, her aura too bright, a soft glow emanating from deep within her flesh to be a demon...an angel perhaps? She maybe even more than that, as his previous thought; she was too beautiful to ever be human...for what human vessel could possess such a divine image? This he found undeniably enchanting.

"You don't look like an everyday towns person yourself...what are you Miss Huntress a Goddess?" His tone silky and smooth, with a touch of sarcasm. All this to the hunter was just a game, at least he found it to be, a ravishing smile curled across his features as he too held her unnerving gaze.

What he knew most would greatly find irritating was when he smiled, he didn't know why it bothered them, maybe they just hated his smile. For it would be an oddity in itself to see a hunter smile.

Last edited by εїзHimekura on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:38 am

Artemis was not amused by this strange man in her woods. She had heard of his kind. Hunters trained in taking down the creatures of the otherworld. Demons were their ultimate prey, but they would take down anything else that happened to cross their way as well. They were usually extremely good at what they did, they had to be to live for so long with so many years.

She made no move for the apple nor did she react to his tauntingly calling her a goddess. Such men could not be trusted. For all she knew he could turn around and try and destroy her, regardless of her divinity. What she didn’t understand was what he was doing in her forest to begin with. No one had dared enter her forest for almost four hundred years and as far as she knew there was nothing evil that lurked in the woods. She would have already found and hunted it down by now.

And there he was with the apple. He couldn’t possibly have just grabbed it from a tree without thinking about it, without knowing what it was? Eris, goddess of discord, had left her tree for Artemis to guard for a reason. Her apples were dangerous, and needed to be kept from humans or they would assuredly destroy each other and upset the balance of the world.

Knowing that she probably wouldn’t be able to grab it herself she whistled shrilly, her eyes still trained on the man before her. Before he could react a hawk flew down from a nearby tree and grabbed the apple from his outstretched hand and flew away with the apple locked in its talons. The bird knew where to return the seemingly innocent fruit.

“Who I am is of no consequence. There is nothing here for you hunter. I don’t know how you entered my forest, but you will leave now.”

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 am

"I entered the old fashioned way. By walking."

He muttered, annoyed at the bird for taking the fruit from him out of no where. Did that in itself have a meaning? It wasn't just by coinsidence, for he had learned long ago, that there was no such thing, but only fate. Maybe it was that exactly which lead the hunter to walk into this particular forest, on this most ordinary day, which was already beginning to feel not so ordinary for him. Meeting this mysterious woman and not knowing of her origin struck a deep chord within him as well, because he always thought that women entering his life would only slow him down from what he was supposed to do.

But this lady, now appearing as though she really wanted him to leave, now, greatly intrigued him. He wanted to know more about her.

The smile deepened on his handsome face, even when the bird had ducked in and snatched the fruit away, he had never took his eyes from her. He couldn't.

"Why are you still looking at me so suspiciously, I already told you, I come in peace. What do you think I'm just going to pull out a gun and shoot you? I never signed up for that job. I only hunt evil, see the sword?" He pointed over his shoulder to show her the handle of his large sword, with its strap slung over his shoulder. "It's very good at slicing through virtually anything, demons, monsters, vampire...witches...but very useless on humans. It won't let me touch them, only protect them. So why don't you put the bow and arrow down, I'm not a stranger to you anymore."

The smile faded, his eyes growing serious, "I was tipped off by the papers that a great evil has been randomly snatching children off the streets at night in the town just outside this forest, I passed through here as a short cut to get there. The next target would be this wonderland, I can imagine; and all the little creatures that inhabit here. Unless the threat isn't vanquished before it finishes off the rest of the people there. I leave you alone don't worry, I won't touch anything. Pinky promise."

He smiled playfully as he stepped back, slipping his hands into the pockets of his pants, he started back on the path he had been going prior to their meeting, but then he hesitated and turned back to address her with his last inquiery.

"By the way, now that you know my business, what's yours? By the looks of it, you're the owner of this forest. At least give me a name to work with, don't leave me hangin' Miss Huntress. That wouldn't be quite fair, we're on the same team after all."

Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:29 pm

While her eyes did not leave him, seeing the Sword of Corvus did alleviate some of her worries. Forged from the gods, such a blade could not harm her and so she was no longer concerned with being attacked. She could sense no lies in him either. If he truly was hunting something evil, something that might be hiding in her forest it was her job to assist him in any way that she could, if not kill the creature herself. She cared not for the humans that lived beside her forest, they were out of her domain of protection, but the animals and creatures that lived here? Yes, those she would defend.

“My name, is Artemis.” She said calmly, loosening the string on her bow, the arrow no longer a threat. “I am guardian of this forest and all it’s inhabitants. Tell me of this beast that may be stalking these woods.”

She had no qualms over giving her name. The worship of the old gods had faded over the years, the people forgetting the good that had once been done for them. It didn’t mean they no longer existed as any true hunter knew, but they had fallen out of grace and lost a lot of their power. Without prayers and sacrifices, the old gods were mere shells of their former selves. Artemis had not been a major god before and was sometimes overlooked even when they were all worshipped, now that most people didn’t even know their names anymore was not as hurtful to her as the others. She fully expected this hunter to think she was familiar maybe but not to know her.

Unlike some of her fellows Artemis was a guardian of something that would never stop worshipping her. The animals and plants in her care would always love her in their own way, and so her powers were mostly intact and unaffected by the humans turning away from the Pantheon.

Still ready to fight if she must, Artemis put away her arrow and strapped her bow back onto her back. By no means was she defenseless now. Just by looking at her every muscle in her body seemed to thrum with life and power, tensed to fight or run depending on the situation. She was obviously no longer afraid of him, and yet she was still ready for anything that may come after her.

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Legend of the Moon
Aleksei

"Artemis...so you are a goddess. Why am I not surprised? Please excuse my impudence,"

He galantly bowed, of course he kept his eyes on her while doing so. Straightening once more, to answer her previous question he looked a little away, at the ground of dirt and leaves, trying to remember what it was exactly, based off the few details the paper contained.

"Well I'm sure it wasn't human, it could be one of those demons that escaped hell and are attacking them. The pictures were horrible," he frowned at recalling the images he'd seen of the remains of some unfortunate parents that were left torn apart on the blody ground. They were said to have been trying to fight the monster that had stolen their children.
He leveled his gaze at the goddess again, now that he was looking at her closely, she really did look like one.

"Whatever it is I'll find it and kill it before it doesn any more damage." He stated with permanence.

Last edited by Vintage Angel on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:09 pm

“You know me mortal?” She asked curiously. It wasn’t every day that people recognized the name Artemis anymore.

As he described the brutality that this monster was employing she found herself trying to use the clues that were already there to try and determine what kind of monster it could possibly be. A demon seemed right at first but the more she thought about it the more the idea seemed off to her. Stealing children? That wasn’t usually a demons MO.

“What you are hunting is no demon. Demon’s cannot enter this sacred ground nor would they steal human children. You are hunting a monster, one that can hide itself amongst my animals and the creatures of the forest. It is no coincidence that you found your way to my forest.” She paused for a moment, and finally took her eyes away from him, looking instead towards the dark trees where a single wolf made its way out of the foliage, its golden eyes watching the warily while its mistress looked at him.

She reached down and stroked the animal’s massive head. He was obviously an Alpha wolf with his size and the way he carried himself. Suddenly, her voice changed into something far more vicious. She was actually speaking to the wild animal in front of her, the sounds issuing from her mouth coming out in grunts, growls, and occasionally a snarl as the wolf responded as well, turning his eyes away from the intruder to look into hers. It was only a few moments, before she turned her gaze back to the hunter.

“Nothing can enter this forest unless they have a purpose. What you search for is indeed within my wood. This creature has hidden among my charges, garnering my protection without my knowledge. Because it hunts outside my domain I did not know of its evil nature. You were hunting it and thus the magic that surrounds this place allowed you to enter. You will not be able to leave until it lies dead.”

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Legend of the Moon
Aleksei

"Of course I know who you are, no other person could ever pull off that look you got going. I was guessing you were that or an angel, which wouldn't be right. Angels are pretty, but they need a human vessel in order to cross to the surface world..."

His voice trailed when he sensed movement coming from afar, at seeing the alfa wolf, he calmed at bit, knowing it was one of Artemis's animal friends. Listening to her speak, he couldn't argue, she was right, what demon would bother kidnapping children? They would just try to possess them and do other evil things that demons do.

"Until it lies dead, is my forte. No problem."

occ: Sorry it's so short! Last post for today, I'm still at school; going home. ^^/ I wonder how to make this table smaller, like the size of the pic 'cus it's too wide! O_o;;

Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 pm

“It won’t be an easy hunt.” Artemis said slowly, watching the wolf carefully. Understanding some secret message from his mistress the wolf stood an shook himself stiffly before walking over to the man. He stuck out his muzzle pointedly and touched the mans palm. A burning rose on his hand but before he could strike out at the wolf, the animal jumped back and without a backward glance disappeared into the depths of the forest.

“He has marked you as friend. None of my creatures will attack you now while you hunt down this creature. Should you harm any of them however, I can no longer protect you. Should you find yourself in dire straights merely touch the mark with your lips and you will be assisted. Do not use it unwisely.”

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:45 pm

"..."

Aleksei watched at the wolf ran off, sensing that he would have smacked it lightly over the nose had he the chance.

Glancing back at the goddess he told her he was a man of his word and that by him, no animal will ever be touched in that manner, adding that he actually liked animals and disapproved greatly of their abuse. He then thanked her for the assistance and assured her that he wouldn't abuse the animal's help.

Moving toward the path he was heading, he told her he would start his search for the monster and that she was free to join him if the goddess so pleased.

Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Artemis nodded, believing him at his word. She would know of course if he broke that promise, just as she had known that he’d taken something from the forest before. Now of course was a bit different then before. She would have to watch over this mortal she decided, and make sure that he accomplished this task.

“Good luck mortal. I shall be watching.” She said lightly, before she stepped back into the darkness of the trees. When she was gone from sight she changed forms, taking on the form of a small mouse. A tiny creature, one that was not given the credit as much of the rest of the animal kingdom, but a creature well suited for this venture. She would watch him from afar. See what he would do in her forest and help him if he required her assistance.

Slipping through the undergrowth in complete silence she followed him as he made his way through the trees of her home. Whatever stalked her woods would not escape alive.

((Feel free to jump wherever you want at this point. lol she's just gonna follow him around for a bit like a stalker. ^>^))

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 pm

((Kyaa I really don't know what to do, so I'll just wing it lol))

"...Pff, more like stalking."

The hunter watched her leave, wondering where the hell she was going. Wasn't she supposed to guide him around? He didn't really know this forest, it was different from the others he'd been to. In either case, her words reminded him that she was still around somewhere.

Turning he headed out, until he reached a clearing. Hesitating, the hunter drew a silver, metallic gun called the Crimson Rebellio from somewhere under his cloak, checked for magazines, then continued guardedly through the darkening forest. As the dusk rendered the forest to complete darkness, the hunter would find himself exiting the edge of the forest towards the outskirts of the town.

Scanning the area, the towns people below where busy retiring for the night, the smell of burning wood faintly touched the night air and already he sensed danger. Kicking into hunter mode, Aleksei ran down the small hills and pack of earth that seemed like a divider from the forest to the town. Once reaching within hailing distance of one of the houses, he paused to look around.

The silence was creeping over him, like a shadow.

"Let's get this over with."

He muttured, continuing into the village until he ran into a woman.

"Please help me, my daughter isn't back!" The woman cried, as she looked up to the new stranger, pleading.

"Back from where?" The hunter asked, diverting his gaze at her.

"She went over to the creek this evening with her friends, but she hasn't returned for dinner." The woman replied as she continued to pace frantically, calling out to the girl named Luria.

The hunter decided to by pass the town and head over to the creek which wasn't far off. Once he got there, that's when he realized he wasn't alone. Spotting a shadow moving across the water, he raised his gun about to shoot when he saw that the caster wasn't his target -but the child!

A faint voice, was singing, he could hear it clearly and he followed it until he reached the edge of the small river.

A flash of white caught his eye and he turned to see a boy, a couple of years younger, but not by much. A young man, he wore a white shirt, that seemed roughed up, like he had been in a fight not too long ago.

"Luria!" He yelled.

Glancing back at the water, he saw a little girl, in a white dress, she seemed to be around ten years old, more or less and she was walking barefoot across the waters moving surface, as if dancing over it.

Looking into the water as it gushed rapidly down stream the hunter could make out stone steps, alined all the way to the other side.

The voice continued to sing and the girl followed the song, unheeding to her brother's call.

"You have to stop her...that's the monster stealing...my sister!" The adolocent yelled at Aleksei.

"Why does this remind me of some story I read once...?" Aleksei mused, he stood there watching, more children appeared, all in a single file, following the same path, the song.

"Something tells me I shouldn't intervene-"

"You idiot they're getting away!"

The boy had picked up a rock and had thrown it in a wild rage at the hunter, it struck him in the back, but the pain was only small. Turning, the hunter aimed the Crimson Rebellio at the boy, who froze in his attempt at throwing another object.

"You're the idiot if you think I'm going to follow them. The real danger is here, not there! Stay out of my way or else I'll shoot you." Of course the hunter wouldn't really shoot the boy but it did work to get the kid to back off and let him think.

The hunter was lead here for a reason.

"W-what the hell...is that?" The boy screamed, running off to hide behind a tree.

"That my friend...is the star of the show..."

Aleksei turned just in time to see the wisp of opaque fog swirl from within the water, a hand reaching out to grab at a child's ankle as he made his way across the river. However instead of struggling, or crying for help, the boy was in a trance-like state. Aleksei saw this, and the shadow took form as it slowly ascended from the dark waters.

Cradling the child close to it's hooded face, the Aleksei watched as a pair of glowing blue eyes settled on the others face, then its mouth gaped open and white, evanescent light, like fog escaped the boy's mouth.

"Son of...he's sucking the kid's life force!"

The only light in the area (along with the soul sucking) now was the flaring muzzle flash of the Crimson Rebellio firing at the monster's visage. Dropping the kid into the water, clearly injured, the monster in the black cloak edged away, hissing angrilly.

There's its weakness, when he's feeding The hunter thought.

"How dare you intervene..." A voice came from behind him, turning he saw another claoked figure, drawing too close for comfort. The hunter fired at it, but the bullets just seemed to whiz right through its fog-like form as if it were a ghost.

A clawed hand struck suddenly at the hunter's chest, tearing through his flesh, deep within chest forching him back several feet he was pinned into a tree. The impact made him drop the gun, but the hunter knew not to worry, he still had the sword...if he could just get it.

"I was told by the likes of you, you're a very popular topic where I'm from. You are practically a celebrity -one hated by all!"

The monster ripped his hand out of the hunter's chest, splattered blood everywhere. He raised his hand to his face, licking the blood from its long claws with a snake-like tongue.

"Heh, and from where I'm from, you're nothing but a piece of shit!"

The hunter reached within his cloak to pull out a much smaller gun, it was loaded with rock salt and he aimed and fired at the monster. It was quick though and oddily nimble despite its large size; able to evade most of the shots.

The hunter coughed out blood, and despite his spinning head, he would not let up, pulling himself from the tree's thick root, he wouldn't show the great pain he'd felt, only deep, unrelenting anger.

"I'm done playing games," he growled, throwing the gun aside, he reached behind and pulled out the giant sword.

"If bullets can't get me, what makes you think a little butter knife will...?" The voice sounded far.

"Don't you dare run you coward!"

Gripping the blade with one hand, the hunter watched as the two monsters gathered together, there were three of them now, all watching him with that very amusement he would usually display himself.

"We aren't running hunter, we are gathering..."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Artemis watched with horror as the children were killed slowly, their life draining before her very eyes. She had followed him as far as she was able, the village being right at the border of her woods and therefore her boundary lay just beyond his reach. She could not leave the woods. She’d been ordained to remain all of time buy Zeus himself, to guard the grounds of the gods. She could feel his binding pulling her back into the cool canopy of the trees and the comforting sounds of the creatures who lived there.

Yet she fought against it, pulling with each step to break past his barrier. If he would press his mark then she knew she could break it off. She knew she could push past Zeus for that moment. Frustrated she shifted forms again and howled in her wolf cry, her padded feet digging into the ground as she called her frustration and her anger at the sight she was seeing.

The three figures, their clawed hands clenching in nervousness, looked to the forest and realized exactly what that howl meant. The goddess knew they were there now. Though it meant very little to them. Just made life a little more difficult.

“I see she knows now.”

“He bears her mark.” Another mentioned, all three of their eyes zeroing in on his hand.

“No matter. She will not be trouble much longer.”

“Yes. She will be nothing more than a fable soon enough.” They said in unison, their smile widening as they looked on at their prey. For yes, that was what he was to them now. No longer the hunter but the hunted.

“Not much longer now hunter. Can you fight us all? We are only a small part of the many. Your mistress can’t protect her forest any longer. We come for her secret.”

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm

"I'm just getting started guys," Aleksei said, smirking he suddenly whipped the blade at them, sending a powerful wind gust at them. Using this as a distraction, the hunter leapt forth, catching one off guard, he pulled the sword back, then struck it where the head should be when it vanished!

"Damn it, stay still!" He grunted, swinging the blade when it appeared behind him, again he missed.

The creature materialized behind him and grabbed him by the back of the neck, its claws wove around him, choking him. The other drew closer, opening its mouth to steal away his spirituos vitae. As it began to feed, the hunter could feel his senses distancing. Now was his chance.

Upturning the blade, he stabbed the monster through the body, slicing up it's figure. The creature then rotted away, the others let out an ear peircing scream, dropping him into the ground. The hunter stood and turned to see them turn and fly after the retreating children.

"I know what you are guys, Shtrigu. I remember seeing a lady version as a kid, that one was an easy kill," Aleksei called out as he started after them, then he decided that he needed back up, so he gave the signal.

The little boy was pulled out of the water by the other teen, after he made sure the kid was fine, he glanced up to see the two remaining shtrigu's flying over them. One swooped down to capture the little boy, this time holding him with a vice-like grip.

"Stay here kid, I'll kill them!" The hunter ordered as he leaped over a smaller section of the stream and crossed over after the creatures...
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Artemis heard the name. Heard what the creatures were and her fur stood on end. Shtrigu. Enemy of all living things and more destructive then demons. Hated by all. Demons could be reasoned with, a deal made. They didn’t kill indiscriminately and when they killed that was it, you were dead. Shtrigu was another thing entirely.

They literally sucked the life out of everything around them. Life force was how they survived, and only by stealing the life from others could they remain strong. They were the biggest affront to life as far as Artemis was concerned, and there was no way she was going to let them get away.

She ran along the edge of the barrier, her fur bristling as she chased after the Shtrigu. All it took was one foot over the boundary and she would have them. Lucky for her one of them did make that mistake. He was obviously trying to flee to whatever poor animal he was using to hide from her sight, but she caught him first. Her powerful jaws ripped into the creature, nearly ripping its arm off.

“Artemissss.” It breathed, holding its ground to fight the bristling she-wolf. It was obvious that she was not normal wolf. She was larger than the average wolf and her aura was too bright, the intelligence in her eyes too obvious.

She jumped back and ripped with her teeth, not in the mood for banter. The monster reached out and clawed her side, racking his talons across her rib cage. Unnervingly she didn’t seem to flinch from the blow that had blood flowing freely from her side. Savagely she snarled and jumped again, ripping and tearing at the creature, as he fought back just as savagely against her. When the battle was finally done the shtrigu lay in pieces before her, the other having escaped back into the dense forest and already gone to her senses. Hiding in one of her creatures already.

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Aleksei followed the remaining Shtrigu back into the forest, he watched as he it disguised itself as an animal. A wolf.

But when the hunter drew closer the damn beast easily mixed in with a few others that were all riled up from what was happeing outside the forest.

"It's over, you're the last one...you can hide, but I will find you..."

The hunter searched through the few wolves that were moving around in little groups, one of them caught his eye and this one turned and ran off into the woods -big mistake.

The hunter sped after the fleeing animal until he swung the blade and chopped it cleanly in half. One would think it was over, but this problem being solved, only paved the way for another soon to come; it was inevitable indeed. Hesitating before it, the hunter slashed at it again, even while it rotted away for good 'measure'.

Sighing heavily, he turned in search for the goddess, calling out to her, he raced through the brush and twists and turns to find the wolf. Doing so, he saw the remains of the Shtrigu, and the wolf, injured.

Sliding the sword back in its shealth, he approached her, but hesitated unsure of what to do. Well, he knew what he had to do, stop the bleeding, but he didn't know how he would bring himself to touch her. She was a goddess after all, the thought of doing such a thing seemed too absurd.

"Can you regenerate...? You're a Goddess, aren't you powerful...?" He leaned against the bark of the tree, gripping at his shoulder. He had yet to notice the trail of blood he had left behind him throughout the whole scene. But his mind was too busy worrying about her to even realize this.

Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Artemis looked over at Aleksei and sniffed the air lightly. She could smell his blood permeating the air, and she could sense how much anger and betrayal reverberated throughout the forest. The wolves were howling their mourning song, keening for the loss of their pack member and their anger over being tricked by the Shtrigu.

Artemis slowly made her way over to the human, her long tongue hanging out of her mouth as she panted with her movement. She was a beautiful wolf, white as snow with blue piercing eyes. Each step she took seemed to leave no indent at all in the ground. When she stood before the man she jumped up and placed her two paws on his chest, her muzzle now level with his face. He looked startled for a moment, unsure what to do. It wasn’t everyday after all that a Goddess in a wolf form was essentially standing on your chest.

Without missing a beat Artemis lay her great head on the mans injured shoulder, a light beginning to flicker from within her. She licked the wound, and with every lick it began to seal itself shut, pushing out the poison from the monsters claws until his shoulder looked like it had never been injured at all.

Once he was healed she lifted her head again to look at him for a moment before landing on all fours again and taking a few steps before flopping onto the ground. She was still badly injured, her sides bleeding freely. Yet, she looked so serene lying there on the ground, the ground turning red from her blood.

Suddenly he could hear her voice as it reverberatled calmly throughout the clearing, though the wolf was still lying on the ground sedatly.

"I am a Goddess yes, but power comes in many forms. I can heal almost any wound but not my own. It is up to nature if I should live or die."

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 pm

His wounds were completely gone, especially the heavy one from his chest, but for the moment, the hunter didn't have time to be greateful. Sinking to his knees, he ripped at his already tattered claok and wrapped it round her waist nearest the wound expertly.

"Nature's not saving you tonight, and I'm not gonna stand there and watch you die, so don't even think about it!" The hunter would then look around for something, anything that could aid the goddess. He decided then not to move her, but instead try to make her as comfortable as he could. The bleeding had soon stopped for he had checked, now all that was left was for her to heal; how fast he didn't know.

Getting up, the hunter gathered dried twigs and branches to make a suitable fire for the both of them. After that he settled beside her, taking off his cloak, he draped it gently over her body. And for the rest of the night, he stood guarding over her like a knight, watching over his queen.

Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Artemis was surprised at his exclamation, and at how deftly he tried to stem the flow of blood from her side. She was safe from the poison of the Shtrigu claws as her body was divine, but she certainly could have bled to death on that cold ground had he not done something. What he didn’t understand however, was that he was a part of nature whether he realized it or not, and thus nature had saved her that night.

As he stood guard she studied him, her blue eyes watching him sedately as the fire crackled and burned, warming her fur nicely. She rarely ever set a fire, not needing one to keep herself warm or alive. However, it was nice to have one burning every once in a while. She had forgotten the warmth and good feeling a fire could exude when it was controlled.

Before long she lay her head down on her paws and fell asleep in the warm comfort of the fire, and the knowledge that he was guarding over her. For once she let herself relax and simply heal.

When the morning light began to filter through the tree’s she finally stood, her legs stiff and ungainly beneath her. Shaking herself softly she looked over at Aleksei and would have smiled if it was possible in her wolf form. He had finally fallen asleep. A light one from what she could tell.

She stepped over to him lightly, and sniffed his face, laughing in a barking way when he jumped awake. She watched him carefully before turning and walking towards the trees, showing him her half healed sides. Yes, she couldn’t heal herself like she’d healed him, but she could still heal pretty quickly, and with his help the night before she was doing nicely.

She turned to look at him again before taking another step forward and looking back once more. It was obvious she wanted him to follow. Where was the question.

Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:28 pm

"Damnit..."

The hunter muttered at being awakened so suddenly, but that was all that came from him as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and reached for his abandoned cloak left by the divine wolf. Watching her with a look of slight irritation in his visage he gathered his bearings, and was quite impressed at how resillient she could be -like himself.

Standing, the hunter would drape the cloak once again over his shoulders, pulling the hood over his head to shield his sensitive eyes from the much too cheerful rays, then silently follow her to whever she was leading him to. Normally once the task of vanquishing demon or other monster was over, Aleksei would just simply move on, to the next town. Usually following any leads involving the supernatural. It was a rare act in itself that he would spend so much time in one place once his services were no longer needed. The hunting became like a job to him, the pay was crap, but it gave him something to do in those long lonely nights.

However he hated to admit it, the hunter was deeply stressed, his nerves were streatched tight like piano wire. Any more and he would inevitably snap, he didn't know how he had managed to walk through this business alone all these years, it was gruesome. It was painful, it had become a part of him that he didn't know. A part of his life he could not allow himself to sit and chat with someone else.

Then he would break.

It was one of many reasons why he was alone: life, family, friends, and even relationships all had to be left behind.

This was the way of the hunter, it always was. This was a road he could not turn back from. Ever.

When his father broke that rule, it got him, his wife and almost his son killed.

That was the price.

As the hunter followed the goddess, he thought of this, and decided that she would be pushed to the back of his mind, for surely such a heavenly being couldn't be forcibly forgotten. But when he says goodbye, and turns away, she may be just another memory, added to the many others. However just a bit more prominent than the ones that are fading away in his mind.

And just as he would forget her, she too, would also soon inevitably forget him. He wasn't anything special but a mere hunter, and nothing more in the eyes of such a goddess as Artemis after all.

As soon as she would show him whatever it is that she would want him to see, he would then tell her that he need part his way, so that she can move on with her life, and so could he.

Last edited by Vintage Angel on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Artemis led him deeper and deeper in to the woods, her silent foot falls making not a mark on the soft ground. Every once in a while she would stop and turn her majestic head to make sure he still followed her and once she caught sight of him would set off again. Her pace was quick but steady and it seemed like hours before she finally stopped.

Turning her muzzle to look at him again, she watched him carefully, her purpose hidden within her clear eyes. Suddenly a bright flash of light blinded the clearing. When his eyes finally readjusted she stood there once again in her human form, though this time her clothes were more fitting for a goddess rather than the huntress that had appeared to him before. Taking a step forward she kneeled on the ground, pulling out a young wolf pup.

The tiny thing mewled and cried out, his mother jumping over to his aid quickly before stopping dead in her tracks as she watched her mistress.

“Mother wolf I ask for your blessing.” She said serenely, speaking to the wolf in a human tongue and yet the she-wolf bowed her head as if she understood and withdrew.

“Aleksei, you showed courage and strength yesterday and I do not forget those who help me or my forest. His name is Takir. Raise him as you would your own child and he will be loyal and strong. Should you take him from my arms he will be no ordinary wolf but carry the intelligence and power that only I can bestow.”

((So I was thinking have him leave for a few years and then something draws him back, though he doesn't know what. He can either take the pup or no. lol. But he comes back and finds half the forest destroyed and stuffs like that. agree?))
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:49 pm

((Agreed. ^^/))

Nodding in understanding, the hunter promised he would take care of the wolf, not so sure as if it were his son, but suitably close enough. After he received the small pup into his arms, he nodded respectfully at the mother wolf in a silent reassurance that her pup was in safe hands.

He would then turn to the goddess, "Thanks goddess for trusting me, I'm going to head out from here, take care of yourself and the forest." Aleksei managed a smile for her, then he turned and continued to walk away. He was sure that she would do a good job, she seemed like a promising one.

Soon the hunter had returned to the spot where he was the night before, in his battle with the shtrigu. Picking up the Crimson Rebellio he slipped the weapon back into the sheath and walked away. Later that evening, he would find out that the children had returned all safely home, having no memory of the singing woman that had actually save them from the monster.

A few years later, the hunter would continue his job, traveling from one town to another, always on the call to hunt down the supernatural spirits that haunted the town. He was however a bit surprised to find himself returning to the town of the goddess's forest again, this time on a hunt after a new evil that was once again plaguing the innocents of that place. Dead bodies were just going missing from their graves, and more and more innocents were dying. This was his call and it couldn't be ignored. Although it would be the first time he is to ever re-return to the place he had just worked at, he was looking forward to it -mostly to see her again. If she even remembered him.

As Aleksei arrived at the outskirts of the forest was even shocked to find it barely standing. Something was terribly wrong.

Exchanging a glance with his companion Takir whom had grown to be a very robust and steadfast wolf he said, "A hunting we will go...but let's pay a visit to the goddess shall we?"

Checking his gun to be sure that it was fully loaded, the hunter signaled the wolf to follow, but also to be alert as they entered the forest.

Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:05 pm

She simply nodded at his words, knowing full well that she would always do her duty for it was one of love for these woods. It was he that she was concerned for. He tried to act so strong but she knew better than to believe that such a job was not taking a toll on the young man. With her keen eyes she could see the tension in his shoulders and feel the burden he carried with him. It was not easy for humans to be in contact with the supernatural world. Much healthier in fact for them to remain ignorant of the processes that happened around them.

Even if he didn't realize it yet she knew that Takir would help relieve that burden. Lighten his load so to speak. The wolf pup was naturally now intuned to his new master and would learn quickly without much effort on Aleksei's part. Takir would be like the human companion that the hunter refused to have, keeping him calm and collected and also saving him from himself when need be.

With a ghost of a smile on her face, Artemis changed forms, once gain taking the form of the graceful white wolf and joining the she-wolf whose pup she had taken.

Life went on as always for the Goddess. She took care of the forest with a humilty and grace that would have made Mother Nature proud, and defended the woods from outside threats of those who still remembered the old legends of Chaos's apple tree, and the fountian of eternal youth. She gaurded her many treasures valinatly, expecting people to hunt for them. She never excpected for them to hunt her.

Years had passed since Aleksei had left her woods but it had only been a year that she had enjoyed the peace. Then they had come. Socerers she could tell, though it took her a while to figure out what exactly they were hunting within her forest. She'd known the moment she had finally shown herself, much like she'd done to Aleksei a year previous. Quickly they had turned on her, throwing spell after spell. Harsh spells too, things she hadn't seen since the time that the Gods ruled the Pantheon. They were all sorts of incantions, though most were meant to entrapt and bind her. She wouldn't have made it out of there had not a deer jumped forward and taken the full blast and killing her on impact.

Thus began the game of cat and mouse that had lasted for the last few years. She had hidden herself well, continously changing forms as to not be detected. When they couldn't find her the normal way they began blasting apart the forest, killing so much life that she was enraged and desperate to harm those who had harmed her wood. Futily she tried and tried to muster an attack against them, each time they proved too strong. The more they destroyed the woods the weaker she got, until all she could do was hide. When Aleksei finally came upon the village it was to find it half destroyed as well, another feeble attempt to force her out of hiding, and of course to make her even weaker. Since the attacks on the young ones many in the village had started to pay homage to the Goddess of the forest, knowing in some way she had indeed helped save their children. Their dying screams broke the Goddess's heart, and effectivly stripped her of any desire to survive any longer.

The bodies taken from their graves had been risen by the group of men and women who had been hunting her, sent to retrieve her stricken and weakened form. What Aleksei found in that forest, was death and destruction, and a very anxious wolf who seemed to want to lead him somewhere desperatly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Legend of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Moon   Legend of the Moon Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend of the Moon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next