Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlocking the past

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Unlocking the past - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Unlocking the past - Page 2 Dragon

Yuuki could have sighed in relief though his belief said dragon was male was a mixed blessing. It was slightly irritating to her that the humans would automatically that possibly the only surviving dragon was a male. However, she was not the type to shoot herself in the face by acting indignant about it. Sure, he seemed rather stupid for a gatekeepers apprentice. She would have thought he’d figure it out by now, what with her appearance and her abilities. Then again, maybe she was overestimating the gatekeepers knowledge. How much did humans really know about her kind anymore? It had been centuries since they had any real contact with dragons after all.

With that thought Yuuki seemed to wilt just a bit. Had it really been that long since she’d been around her own kind? Since her mother and father had perished? No wonder Emist didn’t know what to look for in a dragon anymore. Hell, he probably didn’t even know that some dragons could change their appearance at will. Well, the older ones anyways. Yuuki was centuries old, but still young compared to many dragons, and without the formal training that most younglings went through she was far behind in her abilities than what she should have been.

“Any self respecting dragon would have killed you on sight.” she said, realizing with her words how desperate for company she really had become. Her kind was not meant to live alone. Until they found their mates they always spent their lives in the company of their elders. Yuuki was indeed an odd case.

Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 pm

'"I don't think so." he said confidently. "Dragons are a lot more noble than you seem to give them credit for." he scolded.

He grinned a toothy proud smile. "My father was contracted with a dragon." he stated. "And I've read his old journal about 4 times over now." he said.

The journal he was talking about was in his ruck sack, bound in old leather with a small brass lock. "Did you know if a human ever became close enough friends with a dragon to be contracted, they shared a life span?" he asked, rhetorically of course. "That's why my father died when he did. His friend Arok died because we humans got too ignorant."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 pm

“He was?” she mumbled, surprise taking hold. How is that possible? She was supposed to be the last one. But if what he was saying was the truth then there were other dragons out there, dragons that she could find and be with. But if it was his father that was contracted that meant this Arok could have been the last living dragon other than herself. Perhaps in her sorrow she truly had lost her last chance to be with her kind again.

“I take it Arok was killed in cold blood.” She muttered darkly, the air around her seeming to get more electric. Confusion and disbelief was making its way through her mind, destroying every safe guard she had made for herself during her long years of solitude. She had convinced herself she was alone, that it was humans to blame for her loneliness. But this boy claimed his father was contracted, a process that had not happened to her knowledge since before the great war. More than that this meant more of her kind existed other than herself. They had to. So she had lived alone for nothing?

She shook her head and fell to her knees, clutching her head in her hands. She couldn’t think straight, couldn’t think past the haze of red that filled her vision. All her suppressed hatred, fear, and sadness came to the surface.

“You’re lying.” She said through gritted teeth. “You have to be lying!” Yuuki cried out, refusing to look at the human boy with the sky blue eyes. She couldn’t take seeing him at that moment. She didn’t know if she could control herself.

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 am

Emist frowned, kneeling beside her. "Yuki, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." he apologized profussley. He frowned, unsure what part of his story had upset her so greatly. he pushed his blonde hair out of his face, anoyed with it. "Arok wasn't killed in his sleep or anything. He went down fighting." he assured her frowning.

"Besides, I do my best not to lie." he mummbled as an after thought, more concerned with the crying woman next to him than his own pride or honor at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Yuuki looked up at Emist, tears shining in her eyes.

“Theres no way another dragon could have been alive.” She said, her voice filled with a sadness bordering on hysterical denial. She had to believe that Emist was mistaken. It was the only way. If he was right, then…no she couldn’t fathom the thought.

“What do you mean, he went down fighting?” she asked, beginning to calm herself down. If this was true then she needed to know. For her own sanity at the very least. If there were others out there then she needed to know.

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:25 pm

"Well, the whole reason I was left with the Gate keeper was because he used to be y fathers friend. My father and Arok took off to guard his kin. According to Old Bones," Old bones being the gate keeper, "he had a mate and clutch of eggs out East. And the guards report come through our cabin say they have sighted multiply dragons in the west."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Yuuki looked at Emist, a realization dawning on her. The key was in the West, and if he was to believed so were other dragons. The key couldn’t be with the dragons because they would have already come to free their comrade. But if this hunt for the key turned out to be useless, then there was a chance that Yuuki wouldn’t have to live the rest of her existence alone after all.

“Lets go then.” She said, walking briskly leaving the startled boy behind. They had no time to waste. Perhaps her long solitude was finally over.

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:22 am

Emist frowned. Perhaps letting the strange woman come along wasn't a good idea after all.... He wasn't sure hoe long he woudl be able to put up with her sudden and drastic mood swings.

"Wait up!" he called, sighing as he hurried after her, frowning. The looking was Quizzical, almost knowing yet unsure. "You're strange, did you know that?" he asked her. Though, it wasn't as if he had room to talk. Not really.... He was, after all, a human deliberately looking for dragons. Not many people could consider that the norm...

"We'll have to board a ship at Castrill. It's the only port city beyond this point, and they go to the Western continent for goods to sell all the time." he said. "Once we're in the west though, I don't know what we'll find, if anything. We'll have to stock up on supplies in the city before shipping out.... And you can't travel safely in a dress like that." he said, attempting to be helpful, get some sort of feed back from the woman.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Yuuki snorted at his strange comment. If only he knew how strange she really was. She was pretty sure he wouldn’t freak out like she had first thought. Most likely he would probably be stoked and start asking her all sorts of questions. Besides, the truth of who she was would definitely make it easier to travel through the Western lands. Fellow dragons would recognize her immediately, and once she got through the preliminary posturing for strength and what not and they found out what she was searching for, she was sure they would answer her questions.

Most of his plan was sound. Getting supplies would be necessary, though not as much as he was thinking. She was a skilled hunter so they wouldn’t go without food as long as their was game around, and with her other “talents” she could usually find water relatively easily. However, they would need to get some emergency rations no matter what, when they ran into the desert that she was pretty sure they would have to cross.

The idea of riding in a ship was not exactly a tasteful one to her however. Usually she could take flight and fly over large spaces of water. Any water in this country was never large enough to tire her out enough that she actually had to swim. Then again, she didn’t know how large the body of water was that they had to cross, so a ship was going to be her best bet. So she had to concede that a ship was going to be the best bet after all.

His comment about her clothes left her confused. What was wrong with her dress? She was not that accustomed to humans and their habits to really know what they wore. In fact she still wore a dress that she had stolen from a noble way back when she was first given this human body. Since then she had repaired it with her magic and occasionally added things here and there, but for the most part it was the same dress from at least a few hundred years ago.

“What’s wrong with my dress?” she asked curiously, no hostility in her voice.

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Emist shook his head quickly. "Nothing's wrong per-say!" he insisted. "it's pretty, but you'll likely attract Highway men or worse... not to mention you'll ruin it with all the walking, and you might have a hard time getting around in it. They have travelers slips for women, I've seen them a few times."

He didn't want to accidentally offend her. He didn't want her crying again! he just didn't think it would be wise to attract any more unnecessary attention than they already would with the golden and purple haired duo. Perhaps that had been why he hadn't questioned her hair, his own was considered odd and irregular.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:59 am

Yuuki wasn’t concerned about highwaymen or anything else for that matter. Not much could take on a full grown dragon and live to tell the tale. Yet Emist seemed genuinely worried about it. Was her dress too fancy looking or something? She hadn’t seen humans wearing that style of dress for many years, perhaps that’s why it stuck out?

She also didn’t understand how it could possibly be difficult to walk in. Long ago she had put long slits in the sides for easier movement, allowing her shapely claves freedom to run and jump. The top of the dress was form fitting so that it didn’t snag on branches or bushes. In fact, every time that she had to go into her human form the one thing she didn’t hate was the ease of movement and fluidity that her clothing provided her.

Besides, the Travelers dresses that humans wore those days were so burdensome. They covered practically everything, and made movement far more difficult in her opinion. Sure, they were made of thicker and more hardy fabric so they tended to last longer through the dirt of the road and the roughness of travel. Other than that though, she saw no point to them.

“I wont ruin it…” she began slowly, still trying to understand his concern. “And highwaymen stand very little chance against me. Besides those travelers dresses are much harder to maneuver in.”

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:43 am

Emist didn't seem sure. "It, uh.... well, you'll standout even more with it." he finally admitted bluntly. "We'll have enough guards questioning me about the sword and our hair...." he pointed out. "I for one am not good at lieing."

The last part he need not have added. By now she must have realised that. It was the reason he simply told the truth. His lies were as thin as parchment anyway- so there was no need to break anyones trust.

"But if you insist, far be it form me to tell you how to dress."

Ah... Wise boy. never critique a womans choice of clothing.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Yuuki just shrugged and kept walking, deciding it would probably be for the best if she didn’t try and continue this line of conversation. She still didn’t really understand what his issue was, though his demure attitude was a pretty good hint. He seemed almost…embarrassed.

It took her almost two hours of non stop walking, setting up camp, and actually roasting a couple rabbits they caught before she realized what was making him so uncomfortable.

“You think I’m immodest!” she suddenly exclaimed, while they sat around the fire.

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:29 am

Emist blinked before looking up. He had been playing with a leaf in his hands when she suddenly accused him.

Peering across the fire towards her he smiled. "I don't think so." he stated honestly. "I think you had valid points for what you wear."

He tossed the small leaf into the flames watching the fire lick it up. "What other people might think at first glance though is that you have money, and alot of it. It'll drive up prices of anything we atempt to buy, and more than that it'll as I said earlier attract bandits."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:51 pm

What Emist said was so practical, so, understandable, that Yuuki really couldn’t say anything about it. He was right. While they were practical for the things she would need to do, while in human towns she would look better off then they. She had never worried about it before, simply because she never bought anything. Yuuki was simple in her way of life, not needing the flashy things that humans always wanted. She hunted for her dinner each day, drank the water from streams and lakes, and slept wherever seemed comfortable for the night. Of course that was much easier to do as a dragon, and it hadn’t occurred to her that life might change rather drastically when she had to act human all the time.

“I just wont purchase things. I have no need for baubles anyways. Everything I need to survive is right here surrounding us. “

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:20 pm

"I doubt We'll be able to find a ship willing to transport us if you look like a passenger." he commented. "But if you think it won't be an issue, I'm sure you have more experience in this sort of thing that I do."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:18 pm

Yuuki sighed in frustration. Emist was so…agreeable. He never argued with her, never put his foot down or simply said no.

“Do you ever speak your mind?” She snapped, getting up and walking a bit outside of the firelight. Sighing again she walked back, and stood in front of him. Snapping her fingers, her clothing changed before his very eyes. Where she had been wearing her normal black dress with its thigh high slits, she was now wearing the drab traveling clothes of a normal peasant woman, her hair drawn back and away from her face. Without any prompting she pulled up the hood of the cloak that adorned her shoulders, its dark shadows completely hiding her purple hair.

She smiled deviously, pulling the hood back again to look at him. “This better?”

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:54 pm

The blue eyes boy looked shocked, though not scared. "How did you do that?" he asked in awe. "Yes, much better..... And see? I spoke my mind just then." he pointed out. "Is there any chance of you teaching me magic?" he asked hopefully. "All I can do is make that blue light."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Yuuki snapped her fingers again, changing back into her normal attire before she sat back down beside the fire. Would she teach him more magic? He obviously had the ability. His very appearance told her that he was probably descendant of mages, and that blue light proved that he had at least some of the talent. But was it worth teaching another human the magic that dragons inherently knew and coveted?

“Your father. Did he know magic?” She asked, her violet irises looking at him critically, trying to decide what she would do.

“I suppose I could teach you some things. Some are meant for the magical arts and some are not though. I can’t make you have more power than you inherently have. If all you can do is that light than that’s all you can. There’s nothing I’ll be able to do about that.” She paused for a moment, looking away from him and back to the flames.

“But you have to promise me something in return.”

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Emist blinked his sapphire hues at her. "I don't think so. According to his journal my mother was..."

When she said she woudl teach him he smiled brightly before nodding his head. "Of course! Anything." he said eagerly.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm

“Whatever I teach you…You can never use it against dragons.” Yuuki said softly, staring into the dancing flames, her purple irises filled with an unfathomable sadness. She felt like she was betraying her kind in a way by teaching yet another human the sacred arts, and yet here she was.

This boy was different though. If what he spoke was the truth than he was the descendant of a line of the last remaining humans who bonded with a dragon. From what he said, they even completed the final bond, binding their lives to one another. It was her duty then that she owed this boy the chance to learn the magic of his father. But if he couldn’t swear on his life, then she wouldn’t teach him even the most basic spell.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:10 pm

"I would never harm a dragon." he promised. "Even if it came to me losing my life or fighting back, I would never be what I hate." he promised. "Dragons are decedents of Gods... To strike at one would be to strike at my very creator and I would deserve no less than the worse death possible."

He finally picked his blue eyes up off the fire and up into the purple haired woman.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Yuuki turned to look at him, her eyes burning.

“Will you swear it? On an unbreakable vow? Bind that promise with magic?”

Her entire body was stiff as she waited for his answer.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:57 pm

"I swear it on my very soul." he said, keeping his eyes on hers. For such a young human, he was determined. And he knew right from wrong...

He also knew he wanted to learn magic... Magic that coudl help free the Silver Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:18 am

Yuuki didn’t waste any more time. She reached out and grabbed his hand and whispered the words that bound him by his word.

“Negenthe myrium volaste.”

A white light burned between their clasped hands and snaked up their arms. “I Yuuki, swear to teach all that I know of the magical arts to Emist the Gatekeepers Apprentice.”

“Repeat the words and make your promise. The magic will bind you to that promise. Should you ever break it you shall die on the spot just as I would.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the past   Unlocking the past - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unlocking the past
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next