Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Day After Time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female
Number of posts : 1865
Animunny : 12731
Registration date : 2009-02-03

The Day After Time Empty
PostSubject: The Day After Time   The Day After Time EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 am

The Day After Time Kiss_the_Sun_by_kailorien

The sky was a sea of swirling lavender clouds as the last rays of sunshine gently caressed each tiny pebble and stern boulder in the rich land. The sleepy sun slowly descended from the evening sky, and hues of baby orange and pink mingled with the sparkling ocean below it. The landscape was surreal in sight, creating a flawless painting in a lazy midsummer's dream. The air was silent and still, besides the occasional cry of a seabird making its way back to its nest before nightfall. Upon a cliff overlooking the powerful ocean stood a young maiden, fair in beauty and grace, her curly bronze tresses cascading freely over her porcelain shoulders as they were tousled in the warm breeze. Her deep blue eyes gazed out over the horizon, and a sense of longing surrounded her tiny frame as she stood with her hands clasped anxiously behind her. To any passing traveler she seemed to be no more than a mere peasant girl, but a villager of the kingdom might know otherwise. Her name was Adellena, and she was the princess of the land, the land of Hadrian.

It was beginning to get darker now, and Adellena knew she needed to return home on the opposite side of the beach, yet she was reluctant to do so. Her father, King Geoffrey the Stern, or so the people called him, would arriving home tonight from a long journey to a distant neighboring land. He sought aid for the upcoming war between their land and the land of Augsburn, another neighboring land in which her father and its king were bitter rivals. War seemed inevitable, and they needed allies if they were to succeed against King Hascalpus the Clever, Augsburn's reigning king.

Adellena shivered and covered her chest with her cloak, watching as the shadows of the night began to consume the light of day, and she wondered what her father had discussed with the king of the allies they sought. What could her father possibly have to offer the kingdom in hopes of saving theirs? Her father's mood would depend upon whether he succeeded in obtaining their help or not. Either or, her father had been quite restless and quick to anger since war had begun to threaten their kingdom, and with anger in her father came violence. Her father was never one to strike a family member, nor anyone for that matter, but since his nerves had been destroyed by the strain of the opportunity of conquer, so had his ability to reason. Her mother, Queen Estrila, was usually one to calm his temper, but even she couldn't be of assistance in his greatest tantrums. It was then that anyone in the palace avoided him like a plague. It wasn't intelligent to be caught in his wake during one these fits, and if you were, you were surely to regret it. Adellena herself had only been struck once by her father, but her mother quickly brought him back to his senses and he hadn't touched her since. That was a few months ago. Now, her father seemed all the more unable to control himself, and he would lock himself in his quarters for hours, even days, until he finally cooled off and was able to return to his throne. Queen Estrila the Gentle lived up to her name, and during that time, she would take over her husband's duties. Her mother was the cement of the palace life, the one who held everything together and kept hope alive in the village. Without her, they would surely fall to chaos.

It was now nightfall, and Adellena stepped down from the boulder she had been standing on and began to make her way down the cliff and onto the beach, gazing at the waves crashing upon the shore. She walked along the water, dipping her feet in from time to time and smiling at the cool feeling on her toes. The water was so free, unrestricted by the caging of life and everyday duties of a princess that she was forced to live by. That was why she came to the beach as often as she could. Feeling the sea on her skin and letting herself become a part of the water gave her a sense of freedom that she longed to have. Palace life wasn't as luxuriant was the villagers spoke of it, and every chance she could take she spent her days with the common people, listening in to their complaints and their compliments in which she could suggest to her mother, who in turn could suggest them to her father. Peasants also held mini festivals and parties, besides those that the king decreed be held, and people of the village would meet in different places of the area and visit for hours on end, even late into the night. It was those parties that Adellena never missed, especially those that were held on the beach. She couldn’t resist the temptations of village life. Compared to palace life, the life of a normal peasant seemed like heaven to her. Then again, anything sounded like heaven when it came to being outside the palace.

She reached the palace gates and walked around towards the back courtyard, climbing one of the trees and hopping over the wall with apparent ease. She'd done it so many times, it seemed like nothing anymore. She quickly hurried to the fountain towards the center and dipped her feet into the crystal clear water, washing the sand away from her toes and reaching for the slippers she had left earlier on the floor beside her. She quickly put them on over her wet feet, squirming a bit at the moisture in her shoes. It wasn't exactly comfortable. Still, it was necessary if she didn't want to get caught by any of the guards, or more importantly, her father. She dreaded the thought of the day he would find out about her secret escapes from the palace. She took leave whenever given the chance, and even sometimes at night. Who knows what he would do? The endless possibilities surged through her brain and sent frightening chills down her spine. She refused to dwell on such thoughts.

Her attentive eyes scanned the area, searching for any shadows on the walls, anything that could clue to the presence of one of the many spies her father ordered to keep an eye on her. For what reason, she wondered, did he restrict her connection to the outside world so much? He grew angry even at her mentioning the marketplace, or the townspeople that her mother frequently met with in an attempt to ease their troubled minds. He wanted his daughter to have nothing to do with it, nothing to do with them and their filthy ways of life. She didn't understand why her father despised his people, despised his kingdom, and even, at times, his very own life. No, that she would never understand.

Adellena cautiously made her way past the courtyard and toward her balcony, pausing at the base of the lattice that rested against the palace wall before heaving herself upward. She scaled it skillfully, making no sound as two guards passed below, making their usual rounds. She'd barely missed them, and the thought made her shudder. She passed through the lace drapes that shrouded the entrance to her room, hurrying to her bed before anyone noticed she had gone. It was almost time. Her maidservants would be checking on her soon. She let out a small yawn and snuggled into her pillow, forcing herself into sleep. Tomorrow night the peasants would be holding a fabulous festival, and she intended on being there.

--The Next Night

The ocean waves lapped lightly against the white sand as Adellena dipped her feet in the cool water. The festival had been going on for a few hours now, and she had gotten there as quickly as she could. She smiled, listening to the merry voices of the villagers, their singing and laughter, and the soft sounds of their footsteps as they danced around the fire. This was where she felt she belonged, out here with her people and not cooped up in the palace all day. She sighed, gazing up at the moon with a small smile. It was a full moon tonight. How beautiful. She tucked a stray curl behind her ear and turned away from the water, only to find herself face to face with a man she had never seen before.
"Oh!" she cried out, startled by his sudden presence. "I'm sorry, you frightened me."

ooc: Kay, so here's what I was thinking. You know how her kingdom is about to go to war with a neighboring kingdom, right? Well the man she meets should be the prince in disguise sent to kidnap and kill the princess, but in the process of trying to woo (sp? lol) her he actually falls in love with her. Then maybe later on she finds out his orignial plans and she freaks out and doesn't talk to him for months and then finds out he's protecting.....actually, let's just play the rest by ear, shall we?

Please, I want a serious rper who likes to write as much (or at least almost as much lol) as me!

Last edited by SaphiraShijinuske on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://animagicrpsite.rpg-board.net
alsmolek7452
Otakushin Daimyo
alsmolek7452

Male
Number of posts : 201
Animunny : 729
Registration date : 2012-04-02

The Day After Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day After Time   The Day After Time EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:08 am

The Day After Time AnimeMonk

Sparrow faced down the much older and stronger griffin, "I am going to get you today HawkEye."

The griffin just grinned with its beak at him as it stalked around Sparrow. Another Griffin screeched to start the wrestling match.

Sparrow dove to the side as an instant Talon slash went for his head, he ducked and rolled until he put his feet against the cave wall. He pushed off it sliding under another talon strike as he kicked the Griffin in the chest. He finished his roll doing a backwards sumer salt. Landing on his feet with a cocky smirk.

The Griffin recovered easily from the kick and pounced towards Sparrow he tucked his wings back as he did so to make him more aerodynamic. The griffin collided with Sparrow and the both of them slammed into a wall behind them.

Sparrow felt the scratches open up on his shoulders as the Griffin's talons slammed into his shoulder, he didn't pay it much attention though. Sparrow slammed his knee into the gut of the Griffin causing it to recoil enough back that Sparrow was able to jump up grab onto a nearby ledge and swing over the griffin making sure to deliver a kick right between his wings. Sparrow just turned around when an older Griffin let out a loud screech getting the attention of the entire cavern. Sparrow turned, "So I am being summoned by my father huh? HawkEye."

Sparrow sprinted out of the cavern to an edge of a cliff and jumped off. HawkEye appeared under him as he landed gracefully on its back kneeling down as the Griffin flew to a small encampment at the bottom of the mountain. The griffin landed outside the camp. Sparrow jumped off and walked to the largest tent in the encampment.

"Sparrow it is about time," his father said with a smile, "you were wrestling again weren't you?"

Sparrow shrugged as he smiled to his father, "Yay maybe a little almost had HawkEye this time, eventually I will get up to wrestle Zuberi."

His father got off his "throne" chuckling, "That is my boy, walk with me we have an assignment from one of the nearby kingdoms."

Sparrow nodded as he walked with his father.

"The nearby kingdom is about to go to war with another one," his father started not skipping a beat as they walked around the tribe, "they want one of us to go and kid nap or kill the princess of the other kingdom."

"So were being hired out as mercenaries," Sparrow said with a sad sigh.

"We have no choice if we don't they will wipe out our tribe you know it and I know it as well," his father gave a sad sign as well.

Sparrow nodded they had walked all the way to the edge of the tribe camp. There was a bag waiting for him along with HawkEye.

"Be careful son and come back successful," his father gave him a hug.

Sparrow nodded as he walked over and jumped on HawkEye, "Come on bud we get to go kidnapp or kill a young girl."
***********************************************************************************************
Sparrow and HawkEye circled above a seaside cliff they were watching the young girl who was just standing on the edge looking out.

"So that is her," Sparrow whispered as he looked at her, "let's try to kidnapp first I really don't like to kill people if I don't have to."

They followed her from the air until she got back to the castle.

"Okay we have to get to know her first to better find a good time and place to perform the kidnapp."

HawkEye and Sparrow took off for a nearby cave where they had set up camp.
************************************************************************************************
Sparrow looked like a normal person as he wandered through the streets of the festival. He wandered through the streets until he bumped into the young princess.

"Oh excuse me miss," Sparrow gave his brightest smile, "I didn't mean to scare you at all."

She looked very pretty and Sparrow decided that he would have to charm his way into her life.

[[ Okay if you don't like it I can change it but I hope this is good ]]
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female
Number of posts : 1865
Animunny : 12731
Registration date : 2009-02-03

The Day After Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day After Time   The Day After Time EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:43 pm

((No, it's great! So I was thinking since they're at a festival they would get to know each other a bit tonight. I wanted the prince to be enraptured by her, to the point where he tries to stall kidnapping, etc. Anyway, I'll reply today!!))

Last edited by SaphiraShijinuske on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://animagicrpsite.rpg-board.net
alsmolek7452
Otakushin Daimyo
alsmolek7452

Male
Number of posts : 201
Animunny : 729
Registration date : 2012-04-02

The Day After Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day After Time   The Day After Time EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:25 pm

[[ Awesome!! ]]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Day After Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day After Time   The Day After Time Empty

Back to top Go down

The Day After Time
Page 1 of 1