Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once Upon A December.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male
Number of posts : 40
Animunny : 196
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Once Upon A December. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:29 pm

I let a small laugh escape my mouth after her comment, "Well of course, it wouldn't be my car if otherwise!" I say with a little chuckle. I stop just before the door to the house, "But I must say, you have grown up, quite a lot yourself,". I then put the lugage I have been carrying down, turn to her, and then hug her. "I am glad to see you again," I say as I hold her, "and if you ever need anything, I'll do my best to see to it that you get it," I add as I continue to hold her. I don't know what it was that brought this out of me all of a sudden..but it felt nice holding her like this. I want to make sure she is as happy as possible...especially in light of what has happened to lead her here.
Back to top Go down
http://inuyashabreedinggrounds.webs.com/
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female
Number of posts : 1865
Animunny : 12731
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Once Upon A December. - Page 3 Paini

I froze as he wrapped his arms around me, so suddenly it caught me completely
off guard. I could feel my heart palpitate wildly in my chest, and my cheeks burned as
I allowed my body to relax and leaned into his embrace. The tears I thought would not
come again threatened to make a reappearance, but I had learned to fight them back
to to depths where they belonged.

I parted my lips to respond, only to close them once again in an attempt to regain a
steady voice--along with my composure.

"Thank you...I appreciate your kindness," I managed to force out, relieved that my voice
had not betrayed me.

Back to top Go down
https://animagicrpsite.rpg-board.net
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 pm

When I felt her lean into me, I couldn't help but to crack an almost ridiculous smile. I felt warmth emanate from her body and it seemed to flow into mine -for I felt as though I was on fire. My heart was beating so rapidly, I feared she might hear it. After a short while, I pulled away, "You're welcome!" I say with a bright smile on my face, "Be sure to get used to it; it'll be happening a lot. Heh, over time it might even get annoying," I say with a light laugh. I then place my hand on the knob of the door, "Alright, so here we are," I say as I turn the knob and pull open the door; uncovering the entrance to the house.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:35 pm

"I can't imagine kindness ever being annoying," I replied with a chuckle as he
pulled away from the embrace.

"Alright, so here we are."

His words hit me like a ton of bricks, and instantly I could feel a lump rising
in my throat and my stomach turn to knots. Why did I feel so nervous all of
a sudden? The door swung open and I cautiously peered inside, inspecting
the entry way as if I expected something to jump out and attack me.

I quickly relaxed, however, at the feeling of familiarity that washed over me
as my eyes scanned my surroundings. Absolutely nothing had changed--the
entry way rug, the sandy hardwood floors, the antique mirror Kai's mother
Yuuka had always been so proud of that still hung perfectly on the cinnamon
colored wall. Everything was exactly the same as I remembered it as a child,
and the wave of memories that followed caused another lump in my throat to
rise. I remembered how much my mom loved that mirror as well, she and
Yuuka would fawn over it every time we came to visit.

"Wish you were here to see it now, Mom..."

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:03 pm

I looked over the house, almost as if I haven't been home in quite some time. I look down at Emiko, place my hand softly on her back, "Go on, I'm right here," I say with a reassuring voice. I wanted to make sure she felt as comfortable as possible. I also wanted to make sure she knew that I was there for her. I will always be there for her, no matter what.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm

His hand on my shoulder startled me--I hadn't realized how deep in thought I
was. Still, I looked up at him and offered up the best smile I could. He'd been
wonderful to me since I'd arrived, and I did not want to cause him or his family
more trouble than I already was.

"Thanks," I whispered, gathering up my strength and stepping into the
entryway hall. The warm, almost festive scent I'd always remembered hit
my nostrils, and it brought back distant, happy memories of the holidays
my family and I used to spend here. My lips pulled back into a pained
smile--all this reminiscing was hard to handle.

"Are your parents here?"

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 am

I watched her as she entered the house. I've become rather well at being able to read a person's body; I could see she was remembering old memories. Most every one of those memories contained her and her family visiting here. So I was sure that though they were happy memories, they were also saddening her. I walked forward and gently placed my hand on her shoulder and rubbed it lightly with my thumb as I looked around the house. "Mom!?....Dad!?...." I call out and wait for a response. After a while of nothing, I let out a slight chuckle, "I guess they're still out at the store," I assume, "They went on a little walk to the store together. They told me they wanted to come back to a surprise," I said with another little chuckle escaping my mouth as I look down at her. "You being here," I finished.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:51 pm

His words brought a smile to my face, and I tucked the hair falling into
my face behind my ear. I had nothing but good memories of my God parents--
they were amazing people. Always had been.

"Well that's nice of them to say," I replied softly, though I had brightened up
a bit. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all...

"Can you show me to the room I'll be staying in?"

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:11 pm

I nodded in response to her question as I gestured towards the mahogany railings that adorned the edge of the stairs. Picking up her luggage, I made my way to the base of the stairs and started to ascend them. Assuming Emi was behind me, I climbed the stairs; not too quickly though, I did want to build the suspense -hoping that she was curious to see how her room looked of course.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:06 pm

I followed after him, running my hand along the rich, wooden hand railings
as we ascended slowly upward. While the first floor remained a clear image
in my mind, the second floor was a bit more vague. I did remember, however,
the room my parents and I stayed in when I was very, very little. It was
only once I grew older I received my own room, which I also remembered
was right across the hall from Kai's.

I held my breath as we reached the top, and the fuzzy images I had been
imagining suddenly came into being.

"Wow..." I mouthed, barely above a whisper. I'd remembered more than I
originally thought.

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Continuing up to the top of the stairs, I swear I heard her say something but didn't bother to ask what it was. No doubt she was just talking to herself; a bunch of memories must be flooding her right now. I remembered growing up as a child, Emi use to stay over quite a lot, and eventually she got her own room right across from mine. Of course, my room is still that very same room, and the room she was to be staying in is the same one she had all those years ago. Only now it was changed a little, a little reconstruction to make the space a little more roomy. Some furnishings including a bed, dresser, a bedside table, and a desk with drawers and a mirror for doing homework or anything. And best of all, painted her favourite colour -or at least as I remembered it was when we were kids. As we approached the door, I layed her luggage off to the side and moved to the other side of the door frame. Gesturing with my hand I informed her, "Here...is your room Madam," I say with a smile and a light giggle.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:04 pm

I smiled as I stepped foot into my old room, slowly taking in all the new details
that had been added since the last time I'd visited--years and years ago. The furniture
had been updated with a more modern, older look, and as I ran my hand along one of
the walls I remembered the old, patterned wallpaper that had now been replaced with
a fresh layer of light blue paint. Had they remembered blue was my favorite color?

I smiled softly, gazing at the brand new comforter that adorned the double posted bed
tucked in the corner of the room. It was also a pretty, sapphire blue.

"Well, it has changed a bit since the last time I visited, huh?" I turned back to Kai and
grinned. "I love it, thank you."

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 4:08 pm

I watched her as she explored and observed the old -and at the same time new- surroundings that made up her room. I follwed in with her luggage and layed it on her bed before turning to her and smiling. "You're welcome, I'm glad you do!" I said in response, "I had to make the room a bit bigger to fit in the new, bigger furnishings; and to give you enough space to do pretty much anything you want. Unfortunately couldn't make it big enough to throw a ball around though," I add with a light laugh, remembering when we use to run around the house playing catch. Course we always got in trouble for that, "Also hope I hope I got the colour right, remembered how much you liked the colour blue so was hoping that was still your favourite colour," I finished, smiling at her.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:06 pm

"Too bad, I packed a ball in my suitcase and everything," I chuckled, making
myway over to the bed and leaning back with a sigh of relief. I closed my
eyes for a moment, letting my body relax and the bed support my weight.
Everything here was so familiar to me, and for once since the death of my
parents I felt the void in my chest lessen--if only a tiny bit. Nevertheless,
the difference it made on my heavy, stiff body was nothing short of relief.

"My chest feels a little less heavy...like it's a bit easier to breathe..."

At Kai's voice I smiled and opened my eyes, shifting my attention back to
him and nodding in response to his words.

"Yes, you remembered. Thank you! Blue will always be my absolute
favorite color."

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:04 pm

I gave a good chuckle at her words, glad that she still has her sense of humor. This situation has brought back so many memories; though it feels like it has been forever since I saw her last, seeing her now reminds me of the times we had as if they were only days ago. I watched as she traversed to the bed and lay herself upon it. It was a relief to see her getting relaxed, no doubt she needed it. Her smile widened the one already sitting on my face, "Okay good, was hoping it didn't change," I said as I looked around at the walls in admiration at my work. I then make my way to the bedside table and grab a frame that was perched there. Looking at it I smiled before holding it out to her, "Here, I got this for your bedside." The picture contained a young boy and girl, both covered in mud with an arm around each other smiling. "We were quite the trouble makers eh?" I exhale in laughter.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:21 pm

"Wow, would you take a look at that..." I took the picture into my hands and
chuckled, rubbing my thumb across the glass and wiping away the light layer
of dust that had settled over the images of our grinning faces. Our cheeks
and clothes were caked in mud, our hair disheveled and nappy from rolling
around in the dirt.

"Remember those days? When playing in the mud like piglets was acceptable?"
I laughed, moving to my night stand and placing the framed picture gently
upon the surface. "And our mothers would be furious every time...typical us,
it wasn't fun unless we got filthy in the process."

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:56 pm

I stare at her for a second, taking in the memories that came rushing to my head; The light summer breeze flowing through the air. The sunlight feeding through the leaves like little spotlights signifying that play time was to begin. The echoes of laughter carried across the wind, full of energy and joy. The scent of flowers rising from the fields hugging the yard of which he and Emi as little kids were playing. Chasing each other around, tackling each other to the ground, getting all dirty and eventually landing in mud. When their Mothers got furious and wanted to know what happened, he was the first to say that it was his fault. He didn't want his closest friend to get in trouble. Their Mothers always knew that when they hung out they both got rowdy off each other and they got into messes unintentionally. However they did find a little humor in it, so they took a picture of the two of them, and that picture now rested upon her nightstand. I walk over to her and place my arm around her and hold her tight. "Yeah it really wasn't," I say with a laugh before looking down at her with a gentle smile, "And just like back then, no matter the size of trouble or mess we get into, I'll always be here for you," I add softly.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:06 pm

I smiled softly at his words and leaned in, graciously returning his tight hug.
I felt a lump begin to rise in my throat once again, but I had become
accustomed to swallowing it down and ignoring the hot sting behind
my eyes. Now was not the time for tears.

"Thanks, Kai."

I was grateful to have a second family to help me through this tough time--how
could I have ever forgotten about them? It had been years, and although they
popped up in my mind from time to time I had never given much thought to how
they were doing. I hadn't even taken the time to pick up the phone and give
them a call, yet they were still here for me at the drop of a dime.

"I suppose there is something positive that's come out of this nightmare..."

At that moment I heard the front door creak open, and I turned my attentions
toward the hallway as I heard footsteps enter the house. Were they home now?

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:40 pm

I too turned my head towards the noises which emanated from downstairs. Sure enough, a short few seconds later, the sound of a woman's voice echoed up to them, "Kai! You home? And is little Emi here with you?". I smirk lightly and give a light laugh before responding, "Yes Mom, and she isn't quite so little anymore," I say holding back a little more laughter. "Well then Son, bring her down so we can have a look!" Came the voice of a man in response. I smile before answering, "Okay, on our way down,". I look at her, "Come on, they've been very anxious to see you again," I say as I start heading out the room. Little to my knowledge, I was holding her hand as I led the way.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:53 pm

My heart leapt to my throat as Kai took a hold of my hand and began to
guide me through the hallway and down the stairs. They were anxious
to see me?? Then why did I feel like my chest was going to burst? As we
descended I caught sight of them, and at the sheer delight on their faces
I offered them the warmest smile I could muster. Such good people...

They were both exactly as I remembered them. Mariko, his mother, was
petite and slender with a delicate smile and elegant features. Though
she had aged some, her eyes and skin remained youthful and smooth. 

Shuji, his father, was tall and robust. He held the same toothy grin I had
remembered giggling at as a child, and though he had a few flecks of 
white in his hair his eyes still held the mischievous twinkle that had 
always saved Kai and I from being punished when Mariko took to 
scolding us for continuously getting into trouble. 

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Nakamura," I greeted them with a low bow. Although
it was a bit formal, I wanted to show them how much I appreciated their
kindness. As I moved to raise my head I could feel my ankles trembling, 
and I squeezed them together to avoid their nervous movement being 
noticed. "It's nice to see you again, it has been a long time..."

Back to top Go down
MatthewMBaird
N00b
MatthewMBaird

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 2:30 pm

"My, my! It has been a long time!" Mariko agreed, "and indeed you aren't so little anymore! You've grown into a beautiful young woman," she added as she held out both her hands towards Emi. "Now come here and give me a hug!" She exclaimed with a warm smile on her face. Meanwhile Shuji looked over to me, "How long have you two been home?" he asked. I look back over to him and respond, "Not for very long Dad, just enough to acquaint her with her room and place her stuff in there,". Shuji smiled and nodded before placing his arm around my shoulders, "Good man Son," he said as we turned our attention to Mariko and Emi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A December.   Once Upon A December. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once Upon A December.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3