Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nutcracker Sweet

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 am

Victoria sat in the living room of her familys home, toying with the hem of her long winter skirt. It was mid December, almost Christmas and the magical world was in it's typical uproar. Sugar faeries, good spirits, cheerful spells and enchantments whirls in the air like crazy. Snow pixies, ice nymphs, and other such creatures were making themselves known through out eh city, all celebrating their time of the year.

In only a few short minutes her family would be having their annual winter party. Her father being the head of a large business, and her mother being the typical house witch left them with a vast spread of family friends who planned on visiting... Not many with children anywhere near her age. She was 16 with long dark hair and eyes. A rare age for people to reach in their world. Most children died young if they had no magic. most teenagers were swept away to schools and put to work, hidden from most of the public until they were ready to be part of society.

Victoria was an exception. Being the only child of a high class family, she had survived childhood even with an absence of magic present. It left her rather lonely, with only her vast collection of dolls to keep her company.

She dreaded the winter party. So many people asking her questions. It was never any fun having to continually confirm that she coudl not do any form of magic... no special dreams to foresee the future. no elemental manipulation or conjuring. No speaking with plants or animals, or even simple telepathy. She was ordinary... Which made her unordinary.

She chewed on her lip and looked to the clock on the wall. There was one guest she loved to see though... the toymaker. He would come every so often to hand deliver her newest order.... She loved his work. The soilders he created, the doctors, mage dolls and even animals made of porcelain always made her eyes light up. Once he had even suggested she take up doll making herself. She had wanted to, though declined the lessons for fear of disappointing him. Afterall, with no magic, how could she possibly create such gorgeous toys?

[okay so... XD you can be the toy maker for now lol]
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 am

He was an older gentlemen, dressed finely as usual for the annual Christmas party that brought out all the upper echelon of people. How he got an invitation each year had been a mystery to some of the guests though not to the toymaker. He was a renowned man, known for his marvelous creations, and he had become a particular favorite of their young daughter Victoria. He became like an uncle to her, and always made sure to make the finest toys possible to bring to her for Christmas.

This night he had something very special gift for the young Victoria, one he was certain she would enjoy immensely. Knocking on the door, the doorman let him in and he was immediately greeted by the host and hostess, happy to see him and wishing him a Merry Christmas. Slowly but surely he greeted the many guests, reintroducing himself and even gaining a few possible orders as he went through. Soon he found Victoria, as usual sitting away from the party.

“Such lovely music they are playing and you do not wish to dance?” He asked, his eyes twinkling.
Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:30 am

Victoria smiled weakly. She loved to dance. "Merry Christmas uncle." she greeted before standing.

She was not in her usual ballet slippers. In-fact, to the party she had shown up bare foot. "The music is nice, but I really just don't have the passion today to dance... I guess I've just been depressed lately..."

The toymaker knew her well enough to know her worries and woes. He also knew her love and passions. The girl was an artist. And some could argue that in and of itself was magical...

Of course, he always had given her hope. On more than one occasion he had told her that true magic was born in ones imagination. And lords knew her imagination was vivid!

[I'm thinking she does have magic :p just didn't know it cuz it never had to be used or tested... her magic involved the doll :p]
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:53 am

He smiled good naturedly.

“Depressed? But why? Its almost Christmas, if there is ever a time for you to smile its now.” He said, taking a seat beside her. It did not escape his notice that she hadn’t even bothered to put on shoes, something that her parents had surely noticed as well.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:57 am

"Christmas is all well and good, but I don't feel the static like you.... I see everyone getting on with their lives, aspiring to be something, to be with someone... and I have my dolls... Don't get me wrong, I love them; but I just..." she couldn't put it into words.

She was lonely.

She sat back down, glad for her long sleeved dress. If he saw the healing cuts, he would undoubtedly scold her or worse; tell her parents.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:08 am

“Hmm. Life can be terribly lonely sometimes Victoria.” He said kindly, immediately picking up on what was ailing the young girl. It was hard for her to fit in since she had not apparent magical talent. But he had faith in her, felt it deep within her even if she didn’t know it. There was magic there yet and it would come through in the end. She just had to believe in herself.

“But it is our willingness to stand tall even when we are sad that distinguishes us.” His words made sense as always, and were meant to cheer the young girl up though he doubted it would quite work the same this time.

“Perhaps this will help cheer you up. I have a present for you.” He said, pulling out a box covered in brown paper.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 am

She blinked at the box, curiousity welling in her chest. It was a familiar feeling to her, the excitement and curiosity of what might be hidden under the brown paper.

"First." she stood up. "I have a gift for you." she insisted, going to the small brown chest on the floor. she pulled out a small white wrapped box of her own before walking back to her adoptive uncle. She had never given him a gift to date, and had worked hard to make him this one.

"It wont actuly work." she said, slightly disgruntled as she placed the box on his knee. "But I hope you like it none the less."

It was one inch tall, the box, and roughly 8 inches from corner to corner. Inside was a hand made dream catcher. Feathers, beads, and cloth scraps were tied to its base. Not as crude as one might expect, but obviously had made and a heartfelt gift.

After he took the white box, she sat infront of him on the floor, her dress fanning out around her.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:41 am

He opened it slowly, relishing in her anxious face as she waited to see his reaction. When he finally lifted the top of the box and saw the dream catcher he smiled and delicately lifted it from the box. It truly was a beautiful creation especially without the use of magic. Victoria was very good with her hands and would truly make a wonderful toymaker if she just trusted in herself.

“I’m afraid my gift is not quite so impressive. I did not make this one myself but I think you will enjoy it none the less.”

Within the box was a porcelain doll, but unlike the many of her dolls that were pretty and feminine this doll was obviously male. He had long brown hair, tied back with a red dress jacket on and a pair of military pants with black boots. He seemed almost life-like in how well made he was, with his eyes seeming to glow with a life of their own.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 am

Victoria's breath caught in her thought as she removed the doll carefully from the box, her hands caressing the white glass figure. "He's gorgeous..." she said, honestly stunned. while yes, she always loved new dolls, she had to admit this was by far the most stunned she had been by one. It was so life like. So perfect. So odd....

"Does he have a name uncle?" she asked unable to help herself as she ran one delicate finger down the dolls cheek. The glass was flawlessly smooth. Her nail lightly clicked against the glass, proving it to be hollow, explaining its light weight. She couldn't help but look over hi cloths. Such a strange uniform to wear, and yet so suiting at the same time. Not only was it a male doll, which was rare in any case, but he had such long fine hair.... She was simply amazed.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 am

“I believe his name is Hans.” He said kindly, glad to see she liked the doll so much. It truly was a remarkable creation, rare and so very beautiful. Hence why he had wanted to give it to Victoria. Sure, he could have sold it to a wealthy client for quite a pretty penny but for some reason he felt that he just had to give it to her.

“I’m glad you like him”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:52 am

"Hans..." she tried the name on her lips and couldn't help but smile, looking up at the toymaker. ""Thank you, so much. Thank you sos sososososososo much." she said having to resist the urge to hug the doll to her chest then and there and risk hurting the fragile glass. she set him down, carefully in the box and moved, hugging the toymaker around the neck with a rare smile. Her smiles were always so heart warming though. She never smiled flatly. Only when she meant it full heartedly.

She released him and stood up, once more collecting Hans into her arms. "I only wish real people could be this perfect." she said wistfully, her eyes sparkling with adoration.

She looked back up to the toymaker, her only friend, and blinked. "But if you didn't make him, where did you get him?" she asked curiously. She loved the stories of her dolls just as much as the dolls themselves.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:06 am

“Well that’s an interesting tale in itself.” he said, setting her present to him aside so that he could lean back in the chair comfortably.

“The man who showed me this doll told me he didn’t know who made it, or if it was even made. You see, the man said that the doll was no doll at all, but had once been a real boy, as real as you or me. According to the mans tale the boy had worked in a great castle when the princess was cursed by a deadly spell that turned her into a beautiful doll by the Goblin King himself. Many tried to break the spell, but none could and the King and Queen began to think that their daughter would remain a doll forever. Then little Hans came and said he could break the spell, and miraculously he did! The princess regained her life and the kingdom rejoiced. Except for the Goblin King who was so infuriated that he turned and cursed Hans instead for saving the princess.”

He finished the tale and looked at the doll, for the first time wondering if perhaps the tale was true. It wouldn’t be the first time such things had happened. But he figured they would have heard of a kingdom facing such difficulties and no ever had, so he figured it was just a story and the master who created the doll was simply unknown.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 am

"If that were the case, someone would have attempted to remove the curse from Hans, woudlnt they?" she inquired looking down at the doll. He did seem so life like.... But even as far as magic went- they would have seen in the tabloids if the Goblin King himself decided to become active in politics...

"Still, that makes Hans a hero..." she said, mostly to herself. "Thought to be turned into a doll as opposed to living with people sometimes sounds like a tempting proposition..." she said, running her index finger up and down the side of dolls arm. She simply couldn't deny the possibility of such a story being true in their world.... as far fetched as it may have been.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 am

The old man chuckled, understanding why Victoria of all people would entertain the idea of becoming a doll. They were her only real friends after all, other than himself.

“That does make him quite the hero. But as the story goes many have tried to break his curse but no one knows how he saved the princess, and so he remains as he is, unable to be human again. I think if he could he’d disagree with you. Much better to be human and be able to feel, love, hate, and dream, than a doll unable to move or feel at all.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:22 am

"I would swap places with him if I could.... He would have his life again, and a useless person like me would at least be able to be put on display and loved." she said, then shook her head. "Thank you again.... I'll cherish him always." she promised, hugging the doll finally, gently to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 am

The old man sighed, not sure how to make the poor girl realize that her life was worthwhile, even if she never showed any magical talent. It didn’t make people love her any less. Yet she felt so inadequate all the time, like she was the resident freak or something. It was distressing to say the least.

Before he could really reply however, her mother came forward and greeted them, exclaiming with joy over the beautiful doll, before telling Victoria that it was time she headed to bed.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Victoria blinked at her mother then nodded, standing up. She hugged the toy maker once more, offering a small smile and one last thank you for the wonderful gift.

She picked up one of her carousel horses and tucked it carefully under one arm, also keeping the Doll Prince lightly cradled in her other arm. Her dark eyes simply gleamed though, having instantly fallen in love with the new doll.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:08 pm

The Toymaker simply nodded in his kindly way as she went off to bed, though he was definitely worried about the young girl. There was so much sadness and loneliness in her heart that she seemed to be unable to break free of it. She would need to if she ever wanted to find her own inner power.

That night all was silent until the stroke of midnight. Then a small scratching noise was heard, as if metal was being dragged across the hardwood floors. Grunting and swearing soon followed by a thwack as if someone had been hit on the head. The noises seemed to get louder and louder as they reached Victoria’s door where she lay sleeping, the new doll propped up on her nightstand.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Victoria opened her eyes reluctantly and sighed, sitting up in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. What in the Gods names was making noise at this hour?

She looked over to her night stand and blinked. "Certinly not you, Hans." she said lightly, still half asleep before tossing her feet over the side of her bed. The girl always kept her room door closed, to keep the cat away from her precious glass dolls. Curiously though, she approached the door, opening it slightly to peer out.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:39 am

The moment the door opened there was mass scrambling to hide from the girl’s curious gaze. Though she could see nothing, the scratchings and grumblings could still be heard, as if they were coming from along the walls.

“Quiet!” a voice said, gravelly sounding. Immediately all the noises stopped. When she heard anything again it was giggling coming from behind her, back inside her room.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:46 am

The girl blinked and looked around behind her. "Who's there?" she called, frowning. she looked around and grabbed a near by wire brush, typically used on her doll's hair. Still, it would hurt if you were hit with it.

She hated giggles... Too high pitched and eerie for her tastes.

She frowned, hearing the scraping sounds. "I'm warning you. You're messing with a very powerful and cranky witch." she said, hoping to spook out what ever spooks had managed to creep into her room.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:57 am

“Witch?” said a voice, laughing derisively.

“No magic that I can see.” Said another.

“Shes a liar.”

“A pretty liar.”

It seemed like they were coming from all sides of her, mocking her and calling out her fib. Suddenly with a rather loud crack there was an extremely ugly creature on the coverlet of her bed, staring at her with its bulbous yellow eyes. He was short and green, with knobby limbs and broken teeth. On top of his head was a lopsided golden crown that was dented, and cracked in some places.

“You’re no witch girl, but you have very pretty things.” He said, pointing to the new doll the toymaker had brought her.

“Get the doll!” was the sudden cry from around her as goblins of all shapes and sizes as they appeared seemingly out of the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 am

Victoria felt a shiver run up her spine at the laughter.

The doll!

Her heart all but jumped into her thought and she threw her brush at the goblin nearest Hans, bolting forward, snatching him up in her arms quickly before backpedaling out of her room as quickly as she could. Thank the gods she was light on her feet and agile.... If she weren't--

Goblins. GOBLINS were after her doll. Did the Toy maker know that story of his had been true? Doubtful... He wouldn't intentionally give her a cursed doll- would he?

"Stay back." she said attempting to sound intimidating. She failed horribly. The three things Victoria hated most; losing a game, bugs, and Goblins... She had thought her uncle had used the goblin king in the story simply because he knew she disliked them so much.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:14 am

“Now why would we do that?” One of them asked, as they advanced slowly on her.

“I want that doll girly.” The one with crown said, obviously the king of them all. “I want to break him.” He sneered, cracking his long fingers menacingly.

They advanced on her slowly, holding their small weapons and grinning evilly, most of their stares trained on the doll in her hands and not the girl herself. She was inconsequential. Just another obstacle to get past in their quest to destroy Hans once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 am

Victoria frowned and kicked one of the goblins as hard as she could, knocking it into another and hurting her foot in the process.

She turned on her opposite heel, thundering down the stairs with the glass doll in hand. For a moment, she thought of running to her mothers room. SHE was a powerful witch... surely she could get rid of the Goblins...

Victoria stoped, halfway down the stairs and frowned, taking half a step back up when she noticed the small gathering of Goblins at the base of the stairway. ".... Stupid, little evil creatures.." she mumbled.

Behind her the goblins were also closing in.

The dark haired girl looked over the banister and bit her bottom lip. only about 5 feet down and she could reach the chair, then the main of the living room.

And so she took the chance, taking the banister as a hurtle. She landed, as she hoped in the chair, but hadn't planned on it giving way under her sudden weight. A short cry layer, and Victoria had fallen, her head slamming into the marble of the fireplace. Still, she was hugging the doll though, close to her chest with it's perfect glass face hidden in her chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nutcracker Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet Empty

Back to top Go down

Nutcracker Sweet
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animagic RP Site :: Roleplaying :: Cross-Overs-
Jump to: